City v Chelsea post match

It didn't help that all our top 4 rivals had a great wins today. Oh well, when it rains it pours hey ?

Thought Sane did well, today. How we can judge a player on very little playing time, i don't know.
Must be the modern world, where we want everything yesterday.

I wasnt talking about today but in general. I think it's fair to say he hasn't set the world on fire though as like
You say he hasn't played. I'm not having a go at him just pointing out that he hasn't come in and hit the ground running. I don't think Gundogan has particularly either. It takes players time I agree like Sterling not doing it last season. That's why this season is not going to run smoothly. We have players who aren't good enough, new players coming in and players who we rely on too much.

I bet the the return game at the bridge will be a tasty little fixture. Hopefully we'll give them a right pasting. Of course It'll be nice if we have a proper ref and not the timid weak little man we had today.

So Aguero(why 4 games?) misses the Arsenal game? I think Fernandinho is an ever bigger loss personally such a bad time to be missing two key players though, just our luck if the ref got that decision in the first half right that game would have been different and that challenge doesn't happen.

I think we got carried away chasing that second goal and left ourselves too open, we deserved a second goa wel were getting closer and closer and then someone gives it away in the wrong place and then it's 2 vs 2 at the back from the half way line in an instant.

As gutting as it is to lose in this way (when you deserve to win), at least we are outplaying teams even when we lose, nobody has played us off the park(even at Spurs we came out in that second half and outplayed them after a shocker of a 1st half starting with an own goal) and we are getting better slowly but surely.

Last edited:
In all his years at City, Sergio's conduct has been exemplary in all but two games, but in both those games he was provoked to an extreme degree. Luiz is a thug and a cheat.

Although they were all super shit today and look dodgy as hell.
Bravo Otamendi Stones Kolarov didn't miss that DeBruyne sitter today. Or take the 2 penalties vs Everton or the hatfull against boro.
We couldn't finish our dinner it's costing us
4 goals at home in last 4 matches is terrible

Anthony Taylor - his family are all United season ticket holders. He claims to be an Altrincham fan. To play Pep's high line, the centre backs have to be as good as Vinnie and Pique. Breach City's back line and you're one-on-one with Bravo who seems strangely unable to dive full length. This time last season Joe had seven or eight clean sheets in the league alone. And Joe's biggest strength was one-on-ones - no-one better in Europe. Messi and Buffon rate Hart in the world's top three - but hey, what do they know. Joe has a better international shut-out rate than Neuer over their respective international careers and a better domestic shut-out rate than De Gea over five years. This is not La Liga or the Bundesliga where their equivalents of Burnley roll over for 'em and won't trouble the goalkeeper. We have to get used to the fact that we won't see a proper Pep team till next year - half this team not good enough.

Maybe Pep is smarter than I think when he said this team could miss out on Chumps League next season or maybe its his one year get out of jail card.

To be honest we can hardly be surprised , Bravo will struggle to keep clean sheets in this league or back four / three is not up to the standard required and hasn't been for sometime now , we are too lightweight in midfield and if Kun doesn't hit the target often enough in games we often come unstuck.

We took the second title with a side that was ageing and on the downward spiral and none of the spine have been replaced yet and its probably notwithstanding the new arrivals under Pep going to take 2 to three windows to revamp the first eleven into what we need to compete at the highest level home and abroad consistently.

Had we recruited smarter of course we would be better off than our rivals but we have to face facts its not a squad that fills you with confidence.

So Aguero(why 4 games?) misses the Arsenal game? I think Fernandinho is an ever bigger loss personally such a bad time to be missing two key players though, just our luck if the ref got that decision in the first half right that game would have been different and that challenge doesn't happen.

I think we got carried away chasing that second goal and left ourselves too open, we deserved a second goa wel were getting closer and closer and then someone gives it away in the wrong place and then it's 2 vs 2 at the back from the half way line in an instant.

2nd sending off albeit one retrospective?

Maybe Pep is smarter than I think when he said this team could miss out on Chumps League next season or maybe its his one year get out of jail card.

To be honest we can hardly be surprised , Bravo will struggle to keep clean sheets in this league or back four / three is not up to the standard required and hasn't been for sometime now , we are too lightweight in midfield and if Kun doesn't hit the target often enough in games we often come unstuck.

We took the second title with a side that was ageing and on the downward spiral and none of the spine have been replaced yet and its probably notwithstanding the new arrivals under Pep going to take 2 to three windows to revamp the first eleven into what we need to compete at the highest level home and abroad consistently.

Had we recruited smarter of course we would be better off than our rivals but we have to face facts its not a squad that fills you with confidence.

Our bench was weak today. 3 full backs and Fernando out of 6 outfield players. I thought all our players were fit. What was up with Sterling and Nolito?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.