City v Chelsea post match

Anthony Taylor - his family are all United season ticket holders. He claims to be an Altrincham fan. To play Pep's high line, the centre backs have to be as good as Vinnie and Pique. Breach City's back line and you're one-on-one with Bravo who seems strangely unable to dive full length. This time last season Joe had seven or eight clean sheets in the league alone. And Joe's biggest strength was one-on-ones - no-one better in Europe. Messi and Buffon rate Hart in the world's top three - but hey, what do they know. Joe has a better international shut-out rate than Neuer over their respective international careers and a better domestic shut-out rate than De Gea over five years. This is not La Liga or the Bundesliga where their equivalents of Burnley roll over for 'em and won't trouble the goalkeeper. We have to get used to the fact that we won't see a proper Pep team till next year - half this team not good enough.

Cheers metalartin seems going by threads I've browsed our defence was poor,but we where fucked over by the ref ..
Yeah he gave us nothing all day but at least the goals we conceded didn't come from his shit decisions I think that would have been too much for anyone to take had it been an offside goal or dodgy penalty on top of all those wrong calls he wouldn't have made it out in one piece. For example Luis could have been sent off for blocking Aguero off when he had a clear run at goal(he didn't even give a foul just said play on), I wonder if that was in the back of Serg's mind when he went into that challenge the way he did?

We didn't defend great but their goals were just counters from nothing when we were ontop of them and we should have been at least 3-0 up by then, they just hit it long in behind from around the half way line and poor Kolarov had no chance of keeping up and not to get on Bravos back but I think Hart would have done better on those one on ones(suppose that is Hart's biggest strength though).

Typical City is alive and well. I guess at least Nacho and Garcia will get some game time now.
If we ever wanted a siege mentality to draw strength from this is the time.

I feel very similar to how I did after Barca away. We played some genuinely excellent stuff today and part of me feels that I can see where we are heading and it is exciting. But we are so open to the counter attack and our finishing is so bad that we will win fuck all for as long as we don't get those two hugely important parts of the game sorted. I certainly don't think we will win the league this season, we don't play well often enough and even when we do play well we still have too many flaws in our game that can be exposed by more clinical and pragmatic teams.

my thoughts exactly

We had a better team in mp's first season,getting rid of a lot of them feels like a mistake to me,my best team in recent yrs was 11/12,we have more naive players in defence than ever before,can't believe we keep defendingl ike we do when we are getting sucker punched all the time

I feel very similar to how I did after Barca away. We played some genuinely excellent stuff today and part of me feels that I can see where we are heading and it is exciting. But we are so open to the counter attack and our finishing is so bad that we will win fuck all for as long as we don't get those two hugely important parts of the game sorted. I certainly don't think we will win the league this season, we don't play well often enough and even when we do play well we still have too many flaws in our game that can be exposed by more clinical and pragmatic teams.

Nail on the head mate, we are as open at the back as last season - dare I say it even worse than last season as it's even higher stake football with Pep than under Audrey, great going forward but an utter shambles at the back, Even fucking Sunderland exposed our weaknesses.We are on a level with Liverpool at the back and that's no fucking laughing matter when we are as shit as that .

Weird that Chelsea had 3 shots on target and they all went in, meaning our goalkeeper didn't make a save in the entire game. Laughable.

We can only beat Barcelona at home apparently

Yep. Teams like Chelsea who are handing out some thrashings and have conceded 2 goals in 7 games.

I don't feel confident of a win in any game we play currently. I have only felt totally comfortable at home against Bournemouth.

This is a huge month for us fixtures wise and we have started with a bad result despite playing well for much of the game. I would fancy us at Leicester but with no Aguero and Fernandinho it won't be easy. I can see more of the same against Arsenal and Liverpool who will exploit this defence so we either have to find our shooting boots else we could be out of it by 1/1.

We have been a bit stiff 3 of the five games we have dropped points but again the better your are organised the less likelihood of conceding injury time goals and missing two penalties etc have on the result.

Conversely it was line ball against Sunderland , Palace and Burnley where we edged out wins so I reckon we might just be behind where our performances indicate but again line ball.

We just don't bury sides when we can and should and I am running out of reasons some might say already petty excuses as to why which was typified by today's train wreck in the last 30 minutes.

Our discipline is fast becoming a major issue which hasn't been a major problem in past years and we are now only a nasty injury or two from having our season come under more pressure than it was under MP and RM throughout their tenure.

We need to replace at least another 6/7 players so this season is likely to be a transition one. Gundogan and Sane haven't set the world on fire so far so we are relying on Aguero, silva Fernandinho and De Bruyne too much.

The defensive part of the game is so important in this league. We can't rely on scoring 2/3 goals every game to win. At times today they looked strong physically and we looked a bit weak. Particularly Stones and Ottamendi against Costa

Thought Sane did well, today. How we can judge a player on very little playing time, i don't know.
Must be the modern world, where we want everything yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.