City v Chelsea post match

If you live and grow up in altrincham and like football you may go and watch alty but you also support one of the Manchester clubs, he is not a city fan so.....

We need to replace at least another 6/7 players so this season is likely to be a transition one. Gundogan and Sane haven't set the world on fire so far so we are relying on Aguero, silva Fernandinho and De Bruyne too much.

The defensive part of the game is so important in this league. We can't rely on scoring 2/3 goals every game to win. At times today they looked strong physically and we looked a bit weak. Particularly Stones and Ottamendi against Costa

I mentioned 11 players that I doubt will be with us in 2 years time and some are saying Silva , Kun and Ferny won't be either.

Of course it is never that simple as that but certainly a revamped defence almost in its entirety another box to box midfielder and an experienced goal scorer and you basically have your 6 players.

This must be the main aim for the first team for next season.

I would love someone who could slot in defensive midfield but play behind in a sweeper role as well with equal efficiency.

3 goals most games will win you enough games to win the premiership but as you say it ain't going to happen.

Its almost inevitable that the side who keeps clean sheets and grinds out wins with the odd thrashing wins the damn thing.

For the first time I will criticise Pep - taking off Sane, just as he was starting to really shine for Clichy, was very strange.

I can take losing to a team with a "mentality" we can only dream of, but having two of our better players needlessly sent off and banned over a crucial period is plumbing new depths.

I mentioned 11 players that I doubt will be with us in 2 years time and some are saying Silva , Kun and Ferny won't be either.

Of course it is never that simple as that but certainly a revamped defence almost in its entirety another box to box midfielder and an experienced goal scorer and you basically have your 6 players.

This must be the main aim for the first team for next season.

I would love someone who could slot in defensive midfield but play behind in a sweeper role as well with equal efficiency.

3 goals most games will win you enough games to win the premiership but as you say it ain't going to happen.

Its almost inevitable that the side who keeps clean sheets and grinds out wins with the odd thrashing wins the damn thing.

Yep. Teams like Chelsea who are handing out some thrashings and have conceded 2 goals in 7 games.

I don't feel confident of a win in any game we play currently. I have only felt totally comfortable at home against Bournemouth.

This is a huge month for us fixtures wise and we have started with a bad result despite playing well for much of the game. I would fancy us at Leicester but with no Aguero and Fernandinho it won't be easy. I can see more of the same against Arsenal and Liverpool who will exploit this defence so we either have to find our shooting boots else we could be out of it by 1/1.

For the first time I will criticise Pep - taking off Sane, just as he was starting to really shine for Clichy, was very strange.

I thought whilst he was good going forward, he had started to completely neglect his defensive duties. He got turned like he wasn't there in the second half and just stood there. No attempt to get back and get the ball back. 2 mins later he was off. Whether a Clichy was the right replacement is debatable.

I feel very similar to how I did after Barca away. We played some genuinely excellent stuff today and part of me feels that I can see where we are heading and it is exciting. But we are so open to the counter attack and our finishing is so bad that we will win fuck all for as long as we don't get those two hugely important parts of the game sorted. I certainly don't think we will win the league this season, we don't play well often enough and even when we do play well we still have too many flaws in our game that can be exposed by more clinical and pragmatic teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.