City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Rammy Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Rammy Blue said:
Correct.

Bolasie has been a real threat in most games this season, Zab et al kept him very quiet today.

On Bolasie, does anyone else think he even tries to beat himself when nobody is near him?

Tricks and flicks a plenty but not many signs of a top player in there for me on todays showing.

To be fair to the lad he didn't have many options open to him today, I've liked him when I've watched him this season.

Fair enough mate. My first watch of the lad. No Doubt he will get a move but for me, if it was to a top 4 club right now he would not get a look in, ala their other superstar, Zaha.

ColinLee said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
Struggled at first, but once the first went in it was easy

Nasri, Silva, Navas, Yaya, Milner, Kolarov all good. Palace were rubbish. 2nd half was like a training game

Palace were not rubbish and to say that diminishes just how good we were today Marvin.

They didnt get a sniff of the ball, thats how good we were in controlling possession.

Our passing game today was sublime and in the final third, right up there with anything Barca could do.
Correct, 73% possession over the whole game and at the 74 minute mark they put a stat up that showed us making 519 passes against Palace's 139.
And that's not because Palace are crap...
I thought City started the game poorly, and were struggling without the forwards, but Palace offered nothing all game.

You can say City were good, but I think had we played a decent team we might have got punished in that opening half an hour. Palace are as poor as I have seen all season.

Marvin said:
ColinLee said:
blueinsa said:
Palace were not rubbish and to say that diminishes just how good we were today Marvin.

They didnt get a sniff of the ball, thats how good we were in controlling possession.

Our passing game today was sublime and in the final third, right up there with anything Barca could do.
Correct, 73% possession over the whole game and at the 74 minute mark they put a stat up that showed us making 519 passes against Palace's 139.
I thought City started the game poorly, and were struggling without the forwards, but Palace offered nothing all game.

You can say City were good, but I think had we played a decent team we might have got punished in that opening half an hour. Palace are as poor as I have seen all season.

You watched a different game, clearly.

BLUEMATT23 said:
A good win after a sloppy start.
However does anyone get a little frustrated by our repeated in game errors and just things that annoy the hell out of you?.

1/ Giving Free kicks away in poor areas.
2/ Hart's awful kicking, usually resulting in a throw to the opposition and the surrender of our possession.
3/ Our terrible corners, seriously when was the last time we score from one?. It's criminal that given the height we have in our team we can't get it past the first post.

I know I'm moaning but if we want to step up a level in Europe we have to improve on these things.

Did you know on point 3 we scored more goals last season than any other prem team 13 !

Davs 19 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
didn't understand why Ambrose didn't get given 15/20 minutes, that was a little disappointing.

Maybe we didn't want to unnecessarily risk the only fit 9 we have ?

well he's hardly going to start any games, and without a run out he doesn't have any feel for it and you never know, they might have decided to pass him the ball (unlike Sinclair) and maybe he'd have nabbed a late goal, would have done him the world of good.

Phil fucking Dowd. We really are going to have to do this the hard way - polar opposites of the treatment Jose's boys get.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Davs 19 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
didn't understand why Ambrose didn't get given 15/20 minutes, that was a little disappointing.

Maybe we didn't want to unnecessarily risk the only fit 9 we have ?

well he's hardly going to start any games, and without a run out he doesn't have any feel for it and you never know, they might have decided to pass him the ball (unlike Sinclair) and maybe he'd have nabbed a late goal, would have done him the world of good.

I don't disagree with any of that. I was just surmising what the rationale was for not bringing the lad on for a few minutes.

blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
ColinLee said:

You watched a different game, clearly.
The first half was poor. Just because it preceded a good 2nd half doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.