City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Rascal said:
I feel those bemoaning Ambrose not getting a few minutes at the end miss the overall picture somewhat.

Ambrose probably learnt as much today just by being in the dressing room as a bona fide member of the playing squad as he has in all his game time for the EDS this season. I think Pellers has been very clever, he has given the boy a glimpse of what his future may hold and i bet Ambrose is absolutly buzzing tonight and in training on monday he will up his intensiity because he will want it again and he will want even more to be part of the action. I am against giving any player "cheap" minutes, they must earn them and Ambrose will know more what is required than he did at midday today.

Spot on pal.

BLUEMATT23 said:
A good win after a sloppy start.
However does anyone get a little frustrated by our repeated in game errors and just things that annoy the hell out of you?.

1/ Giving Free kicks away in poor areas.
2/ Hart's awful kicking, usually resulting in a throw to the opposition and the surrender of our possession.
3/ Our terrible corners, seriously when was the last time we score from one?. It's criminal that given the height we have in our team we can't get it past the first post.

I know I'm moaning but if we want to step up a level in Europe we have to improve on these things.

Agree with all these. The only threat Palace offered was from set pieces - either directly or from the second phase. I don't think you're moaning.
This squad can aim for perfection.

Rascal said:
I feel those bemoaning Ambrose not getting a few minutes at the end miss the overall picture somewhat.

Ambrose probably learnt as much today just by being in the dressing room as a bona fide member of the playing squad as he has in all his game time for the EDS this season. I think Pellers has been very clever, he has given the boy a glimpse of what his future may hold and i bet Ambrose is absolutly buzzing tonight and in training on monday he will up his intensiity because he will want it again and he will want even more to be part of the action. I am against giving any player "cheap" minutes, they must earn them and Ambrose will know more what is required than he did at midday today.

Exactly.

Rascal said:

Summed up perfectly.

Rascal said:

Couldn't agree more.

Good to see you you coming up for air from time to time rascal again.

The cellar can wait a few minutes for your return.

Given we had no natural striker playing I thought the team played well and created a number of chances. On another day Yaya would have added to his goal and Zabaleta was really unlucky with his effort.

Nasri seems to be more able now to hold off players, he has more of a physical presence and keeps the ball so well.

Thought Mangala and Demichelis were very good. Of course they were not put under as much pressure as they would have been against others.

Great to see Silva playing, and on the score sheet.

Milner did well in the forward role but this is a temporary solution. Well done for taking the role on.

Pellegrini needs to work with Hart and the other players on distribution from goal kicks etc. We are not quick enough to move the ball. For me we should play it from the back with the players we have rather than kicking it long for Zabaleta or someone on the wing to head the ball on.

Late on it would have been good if Fernando had played the ball through to Sinclair when we were on a break. Sinclair does have pace.

A good win, clean sheet, three points.

Eight wins on the run now. Impressive form.

We got value from our chances today and that's the main thing.

Zaba should have scored but on the flip side they has a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.