City v Crystal Palace Post Match

bored at work said:
Phil fucking Dowd. We really are going to have to do this the hard way - polar opposites of the treatment Jose's boys get.

600 passes and over 70% possession yet we concede more fouls yet again?

Its a near impossibilty yet it happens each and every week.

Palace fell over at every opportunity today and the fat **** merrily blew on his whistle.

Thank fuck they never got a penalty shout!

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
I thought City started the game poorly, and were struggling without the forwards, but Palace offered nothing all game.

You can say City were good, but I think had we played a decent team we might have got punished in that opening half an hour. Palace are as poor as I have seen all season.

You watched a different game, clearly.
The first half was poor. Just because it preceded a good 2nd half doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I agree with Marvin here. Quite poor in the first half but very good in the 2nd. Palace were very average but in the 2nd half we perhaps made them look worse than they are.

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
I thought City started the game poorly, and were struggling without the forwards, but Palace offered nothing all game.

You can say City were good, but I think had we played a decent team we might have got punished in that opening half an hour. Palace are as poor as I have seen all season.

The first half was poor. Just because it preceded a good 2nd half doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The first half i watched saw some incredible passing movements which with better finishing would have seen us comfortably going in at the break 3 or 4 nil up.

We were magnificent today for the 90 mins.

blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
blueinsa said:

The first half i watched saw some incredible passing movements which with better finishing would have seen us comfortably going in at the break 3 or 4 nil up.

I have to agree with that largely, perhaps we were better 2nd half but we were hardly "poor" in the first. We do what we always do nowadays, patiently pass and pass again looking for openings. It always opens up more in the 2nd half which is why we score so many of our goals in the 2nd half of games.

ColinLee said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:

I have to agree with that largely, perhaps we were better 2nd half but we were hardly "poor" in the first. We do what we always do nowadays, patiently pass and pass again looking for openings. It always opens up more in the 2nd half which is why we score so many of our goals in the 2nd half of games.

Correct.

I feel those bemoaning Ambrose not getting a few minutes at the end miss the overall picture somewhat.

Ambrose probably learnt as much today just by being in the dressing room as a bona fide member of the playing squad as he has in all his game time for the EDS this season. I think Pellers has been very clever, he has given the boy a glimpse of what his future may hold and i bet Ambrose is absolutly buzzing tonight and in training on monday he will up his intensiity because he will want it again and he will want even more to be part of the action. I am against giving any player "cheap" minutes, they must earn them and Ambrose will know more what is required than he did at midday today.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Marvin said:
blueinsa said:

I agree with Marvin here. Quite poor in the first half but very good in the 2nd. Palace were very average but in the 2nd half we perhaps made them look worse than they are.

if you transpose the word poor for patient then you will get a better idea of the first half
palace were playing a back 8 at times and we still manged to cut them open 3 or 4 times, yes some of the finishing could and should have been better but that was it.
a very good professional performance.

Brilliant performance all the way through. Who needs a striker? Well pleased with the team over the last few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.