City v Crystal Palace Post Match

misterderek said:
I started listening to a stream over here in France where Danny Mills was commentating. He was so miserable and finding fault with everything City were doing (and how good Palace were for that matter) that I had to switch to another stream, which although less good had the more reasonable Michael Owen point of view.
He really is a rotter that Mills fellow !!

Just a further comment, if you will bear with me - I made my very first trip from France to the Etihad for the CSKA match. I was disappointed to say the least, as was everyone else, and I couldn't believe I'd made the effort to see City lose, go down to 9 men and royally mess up their CL season !

The trip home was as dismal as Danny, and of course I could never have appreciated the fact that I was possibly witness to a turning point in City's season. Don't think they've lost since.

I'm not sure whether I should ever make the trip again - you never know the consequences !!

By the way I remember the days of Derek Kevan and Jimmy Murray - Christ I'm getting on a bit !

Danny Mills is just an appalling person.

That commentary by him today was just horrendous. Relentlessly slagging us at every opportunity. Multiple completely out of context mentions of the rags. (AGENDA!).

Started wanking himself silly when he thought Milner might get a yellow. Clearly rooting for Palarse. Laying into us with utter venom by about the 8 minute mark. Slagging the support. And then finally at 3-0 paying maybe one half-handed compliment.

I just cannot stand him on any level. Not when he was playing and even less so now. Just an utter coont.

Gabriel said:
Len Rum said:
Gabriel said:
Oh well we were due a bit of luck.
Looking forward to Colin's reaction on MOTD.

You won't be disappointed. Saw him earlier on Sky and he was incandescent. So let down by the officials that he didn't even have time to mention our fabulous wealth and the disparities it creates. Yip, that angry.
Two yards!!
Two yards onside at least.
City were very lucky that the goal wasn't given as we would've been smashed 8-2 easily.
Cheers Colin

blueinsa said:
117 M34 said:
Haven't read the 1st 20 pages.

Thought Nasri was man of the match. Good games also from silva and Mangala.
Thought palace were very poor and we won without playing too well.
Joe took far too long with taking goal kicks, especially in the 1st half.

This has probably already been done already but the Sinclair sub was very strange.
What benefit did we/he get from coming on for 3 minutes and not getting a kick? Why not put on Ambrose? At least he would have had the experience of getting on the pitch and it would send out a message to the other youngsters that they may get game time.
How deflating must it have been for him to be sat on the bench when scott Sinclair is on the pitch?

"Without playing too well"?

Im at a loss to explain how anyone could view todays performance as absolutely fantastic.

Passing and movement of the likes that Barca at their height would have been proud of.

Oh well.......

You have summarised the game exactly as I saw it: some sublime passing, movement and superb interchanges between our midfield / forwards / wing-backs. Palace, for all their strength, and at times pace, were left utterly bamboozled by our slick, fast, precise passing and movement. Nasri Man of Match for me, but Zab ran him a very close second.
A cracking win, cracking football.

Chris in London said:
"What's it like to lose your soul?"

Sang the lads from Croydon.

Well, it made me laugh.

You should have gone christmas shopping did the trick, The disallowed goal celebrations was funny also by us to them...

Not sure what all the fuss about Ambrose not coming on is.

For me it's a simple decision. We are 3-0 up, don't need goals and therefore he doesn't come on as he could have got injured and added to the problem we already have.

I have no doubt that had the game been 0-0 with 15 to go, he would have been on.

Lucky Toma said:
Chris in London said:
"What's it like to lose your soul?"

Sang the lads from Croydon.

Well, it made me laugh.

Loved the banner last season at Selhurst Park that said similar as the player ran out.....between a parade of cheerleaders.

You know the rules...

Great result.

Funny the press couldn't stop talking about us during our "crisis" when we lost to West Ham and CSKA.

Then we started winning and they talked about how we are a one man team due to Aguero.

Then we beat Bayern and we are embarrassing because we didn't beat them with ease.

Now we have no strikers and are keeping clean sheets without Kompany so they just stop talking. Except from the 500 headlines about the offside decision.

Love it to be honest. We'll never get the love that Chelsea got early in the season because we don't have Maureen in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.