City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Arsenal fans
I've not been shy of my admiration towards City's play, hands down some of the most intelligent football is played by them, close to how I envisage football should be played.

They're definitely one of my favourite teams to watch. I love how they construct their attacking moves. Silva is a magician.

City use their full backs as good as anyone in world football. Zabaleta & Kolorov are such great attacking full backs. Kolorov's left foot is such a weapon out wide and Zabaleta times his runs behind opposing defences so well.

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

*steps off soapbox and goes for a wank*

Played really wel, think it actually helped a bit not having St Vincent at the back. He has a tendency to get a little bored with the pass, pass, pass mentality and launch a few hopeful ones, thus squandering possession. Can't remember either of the centre halves today passing a ball off the deck.

Really enjoyable game to be at today.

Given our lack of striker and 4-6-0 set up I thought we adapted fantastically and played some utterly delicious football.

Some of our passing and movement was of the very very highest calibre today.

Our players showed just how fucking brilliant they are today.

Those moaning about Ambrose are missing the point and looking at it from a very narrow perspective.. There is no way any sane manager would bring on a striker at 3-0 up when we have a striker crisis. That would be absolutely ludicrous. Had we had more fit striking options Ambrose would have got a run out at 3-0.

A very 'Champions' performance from us today. Not a single sniff of this 'one man team' the media /press keep on saying we are.

Chelsea will be shitting themselves.

Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans
I've not been shy of my admiration towards City's play, hands down some of the most intelligent football is played by them, close to how I envisage football should be played.

They're definitely one of my favourite teams to watch. I love how they construct their attacking moves. Silva is a magician.

City use their full backs as good as anyone in world football. Zabaleta & Kolorov are such great attacking full backs. Kolorov's left foot is such a weapon out wide and Zabaleta times his runs behind opposing defences so well.

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

The second goal today came indirectly from a corner but the corner came from a move that must have involved 40 passes. We had 3/4 of these passages of play during the game. Very patient play and eventually the pass is on.

We played very well 2nd half today.

The thing that impresses me the most currently is the 5 clean sheets out of 6. Won't get a mention by the pundits of course but Mourinho will be looking at that and thinking that if we continue along these lines he has a big job on his hands because we always score.

Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans

I think it's an asylum at the best of times, and the worst of times!!

Rascal said:
I feel those bemoaning Ambrose not getting a few minutes at the end miss the overall picture somewhat.

Ambrose probably learnt as much today just by being in the dressing room as a bona fide member of the playing squad as he has in all his game time for the EDS this season. I think Pellers has been very clever, he has given the boy a glimpse of what his future may hold and i bet Ambrose is absolutly buzzing tonight and in training on monday he will up his intensiity because he will want it again and he will want even more to be part of the action. I am against giving any player "cheap" minutes, they must earn them and Ambrose will know more what is required than he did at midday today.
You may be a left wing nut job buddy but I agree wholeheartedly with the above, word for word.

Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans

Wow. Thanks for posting this up. It makes me feel even more privileged to support City at the moment. I am so proud of the Blue Boys.

johnnytapia said:
blueinsa said:
117 M34 said:
Haven't read the 1st 20 pages.

Thought Nasri was man of the match. Good games also from silva and Mangala.
Thought palace were very poor and we won without playing too well.
Joe took far too long with taking goal kicks, especially in the 1st half.

This has probably already been done already but the Sinclair sub was very strange.
What benefit did we/he get from coming on for 3 minutes and not getting a kick? Why not put on Ambrose? At least he would have had the experience of getting on the pitch and it would send out a message to the other youngsters that they may get game time.
How deflating must it have been for him to be sat on the bench when scott Sinclair is on the pitch?

"Without playing too well"?

Im at a loss to explain how anyone could view todays performance as absolutely fantastic.

Passing and movement of the likes that Barca at their height would have been proud of.

Oh well.......

You have summarised the game exactly as I saw it: some sublime passing, movement and superb interchanges between our midfield / forwards / wing-backs. Palace, for all their strength, and at times pace, were left utterly bamboozled by our slick, fast, precise passing and movement. Nasri Man of Match for me, but Zab ran him a very close second.
A cracking win, cracking football.

i agree . a cracking game of football.
Crystal Palace played there part too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.