City v Crystal Palace Post Match

andyhinch said:
Even at 45 mins I was confident, beer can do that to you:)
just new we was going to score. how many times have we huffed and puffed 1st half to totally batter teans 2nd half. It had the same feeling today.

Vienna_70 said:
Great performance from every player today.

I made Eli MotM, but any one of several had a claim to it.

Was it my imagination, or was Zaba making runs Into the box more than usual today? He hardly seemed to be at right-back at all, during the first half, especially.

Maybe it was something they worked on, as we had no fit strikers. And how unlucky was he with that chance that just slid past the post? If he'd hit it with his left, rather than his right, I feel sure it would have gone in.

I thought this as well.

Vienna_70 said:

Was it my imagination, or was Zaba making runs Into the box more than usual today? He hardly seemed to be at right-back at all, during the first half, especially.

Maybe it was something they worked on, as we had no fit strikers. And how unlucky was he with that chance that just slid past the post? If he'd hit it with his left, rather than his right, I feel sure it would have gone in.

On the Zaba point, i'd say the instruction today and much more 2nd half was to make more runs from deep, its whats needed when you play without a striker.

Dear Mr Astley Lad,

Please may I take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the Forum members who wouldn't know a joke if it got up and gave them a haircut.

Your initial post in this thread caused me to wet myself with laughter but I don't mind at all...

honestly...

apparently the smell of human wee wee keeps the rats away...

Let me check outside...

It's true.

There are no Scum fans, Sky pundits or Dippers in sight.

CTID.

JJ

MCFC1993 said:
Vienna_70 said:

On the Zaba point, i'd say the instruction today and much more 2nd half was to make more runs from deep, its whats needed when you play without a striker.

It makes no difference who plays up front, he is always a major attacking outlet when teams sit back. He has done this for several years a home especially.

I don't no what he lack of a recognised forward has anything to do with it, the width normally comes from the 'fullbacks'.

Champions stuff again !!!
Next....2 matces in 3 days without strikers is a very tough challenge...hopefully Chelseas matches are difficult too...I see us both loosing points

Corky said:
There was no disallowed goal as the ref blew before he headed it.

Obviously they would have won 3-2 had it gone in and Fernadinho had been sent off like Warnock wanted. Cyril Sneer will probably blame Tevez.

There is no such thing as a disallowed goal. It wasn't a goal in the first place. Just because the ball nestled in the back of the net doesn't make it a goal. A goal has to be scored legitimately!

Anyway, as BT were the broadcasters I wouldn't put it past them to 'move' City defenders to put Palace players onside. I seem to recall an incident last season where they proclaimed from the highest stand, was it The Lane, that Zabaleta had played someone onside, and when they showed the graphic the bastards had 'moved' Zab about two yards nearer his own goal-line! Wouldn't be at all surprised if their graphic boys did the same trick today!. The guy was right in line with us and as soon as the ball went in we shouted as one 'OFFSIDE, DOWD!' And the shout came before the lino got his flag past his waist. (Mind, we FOCs in 323 shout offside when the ball comes out of the oppo's pen area!)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Corky said:
There was no disallowed goal as the ref blew before he headed it.

Obviously they would have won 3-2 had it gone in and Fernadinho had been sent off like Warnock wanted. Cyril Sneer will probably blame Tevez.

There is no such thing as a disallowed goal. It wasn't a goal in the first place. Just because the ball nestled in the back of the net doesn't make it a goal. A goal has to be scored legitimately!

Anyway, as BT were the broadcasters I wouldn't put it past them to 'move' City defenders to put Palace players onside. I seem to recall an incident last season where they proclaimed from the highest stand, was it The Lane, that Zabaleta had played someone onside, and when they showed the graphic the bastards had 'moved' Zab about two yards nearer his own goal-line! Wouldn't be at all surprised if their graphic boys did the same trick today!. The guy was right in line with us and as soon as the ball went in we shouted as one 'OFFSIDE, DOWD!' And the shout came before the lino got his flag past his waist. (Mind, we FOCs in 323 shout offside when the ball comes out of the oppo's pen area!)
To the little bit. Don't we all.Saying that i thought the ref and is linesmen was very good today.Most of the time anyway.

Corky said:
MCFC1993 said:
Vienna_70 said:

It makes no difference who plays up front, he is always a major attacking outlet when teams sit back. He has done this for several years a home especially.

I don't no what he lack of a recognised forward has anything to do with it, the width normally comes from the 'fullbacks'.

Wasn't making the point of Zabaleta individually tbh, as he always commits to getting in the box, just the general instruction today which Zabaleta sets the perfect example for it.
Zaba himself has become the best attacking right full back now imo (past 12 months), long may his runs continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.