City v Crystal Palace Post Match

MCFC1993 said:
Corky said:
MCFC1993 said:
On the Zaba point, i'd say the instruction today and much more 2nd half was to make more runs from deep, its whats needed when you play without a striker.

It makes no difference who plays up front, he is always a major attacking outlet when teams sit back. He has done this for several years a home especially.

I don't no what he lack of a recognised forward has anything to do with it, the width normally comes from the 'fullbacks'.

Wasn't making the point of Zabaleta individually tbh, as he always commits to getting in the box, just the general instruction today which Zabaleta sets the perfect example for it.
Zaba himself has become the best attacking right full back now imo (past 12 months), long may his runs continue.

Pablo Zabaleta has become the best right-back.

MCFC1993 said:
Corky said:
MCFC1993 said:
On the Zaba point, i'd say the instruction today and much more 2nd half was to make more runs from deep, its whats needed when you play without a striker.

It makes no difference who plays up front, he is always a major attacking outlet when teams sit back. He has done this for several years a home especially.

I don't no what he lack of a recognised forward has anything to do with it, the width normally comes from the 'fullbacks'.

Wasn't making the point of Zabaleta individually tbh, as he always commits to getting in the box, just the general instruction today which Zabaleta sets the perfect example for it.
Zaba himself has become the best attacking right full back now imo (past 12 months), long may his runs continue.

Pablo Zabaleta has become the best right-back.

Haven't read the 1st 20 pages.

Thought Nasri was man of the match. Good games also from silva and Mangala.
Thought palace were very poor and we won without playing too well.
Joe took far too long with taking goal kicks, especially in the 1st half.

This has probably already been done already but the Sinclair sub was very strange.
What benefit did we/he get from coming on for 3 minutes and not getting a kick? Why not put on Ambrose? At least he would have had the experience of getting on the pitch and it would send out a message to the other youngsters that they may get game time.
How deflating must it have been for him to be sat on the bench when scott Sinclair is on the pitch?

117 M34 said:

This has probably already been done already but the Sinclair sub was very strange.
What benefit did we/he get from coming on for 3 minutes and not getting a kick? Why not put on Ambrose? At least he would have had the experience of getting on the pitch and it would send out a message to the other youngsters that they may get game time.
How deflating must it have been for him to be sat on the bench when scott Sinclair is on the pitch?
I imagine he was fucking thrilled to get brought up to the first team for the first time and to sit on the bench, at such a young age. Based on his twitter account, he isn't remotely deflated, he's buzzing.

I started listening to a stream over here in France where Danny Mills was commentating. He was so miserable and finding fault with everything City were doing (and how good Palace were for that matter) that I had to switch to another stream, which although less good had the more reasonable Michael Owen point of view.
He really is a rotter that Mills fellow !!

Just a further comment, if you will bear with me - I made my very first trip from France to the Etihad for the CSKA match. I was disappointed to say the least, as was everyone else, and I couldn't believe I'd made the effort to see City lose, go down to 9 men and royally mess up their CL season !

The trip home was as dismal as Danny, and of course I could never have appreciated the fact that I was possibly witness to a turning point in City's season. Don't think they've lost since.

I'm not sure whether I should ever make the trip again - you never know the consequences !!

By the way I remember the days of Derek Kevan and Jimmy Murray - Christ I'm getting on a bit !

117 M34 said:

"Without playing too well"?

Im at a loss to explain how anyone could view todays performance as absolutely fantastic.

Passing and movement of the likes that Barca at their height would have been proud of.

Oh well.......

117 M34 said:

I think most of us thought that was strange but as others have said it was probably to let other teams know he's still alive and for sale come January.

Len Rum said:
Gabriel said:
Len Rum said:
Just got back in from the game.
Was their 'goal' offside or not?

Not.
Oh well we were due a bit of luck.
Looking forward to Colin's reaction on MOTD.

You won't be disappointed. Saw him earlier on Sky and he was incandescent. So let down by the officials that he didn't even have time to mention our fabulous wealth and the disparities it creates. Yip, that angry.

117 M34 said:

Moan,moan,moan, fucking moan...Zzz...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.