City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
jimharri said:
Just watched the higlights on MOTD; jesus, we were lucky to scrape past Palace.

;-)

wife watching strictly Come dancing so I have to wait till she fooks off to bed to watch it. Unbelievable if they have said that. How many completed passes did we have 600+?

700+
and caroline was a worthy winner :-)

Henkeman said:
Kind of interesting about the offside goal - the only reason he was played onside was because of tracking an offside player down the wing, who wasn't interfering with play, obviously. Now, clearly, under the laws it's onside, not querying that at all, but just worth noting how the interfering with play bit only applies to a striker not a defender.

I would like to see how it is written in the laws of the game

Struck by a few thoughts today - Mangala looks a better player alongside MD. Yaya is back to his best and the link play between Nasri, Silva and himself was back to the style of last year. The players seem to be really together and I couldn't be prouder to be a blue at the moment. Bear in mind this could have been a tough game - remember last year we struggled to beat CP 1-0 with a forward on!

dave1967 said:
Henkeman said:
Kind of interesting about the offside goal - the only reason he was played onside was because of tracking an offside player down the wing, who wasn't interfering with play, obviously. Now, clearly, under the laws it's onside, not querying that at all, but just worth noting how the interfering with play bit only applies to a striker not a defender.

I would like to see how it is written in the laws of the game
It's definitely a rulebook anomaly. Technically, Fernandinho just played the 'scorer' onside, but he was nowhere near the action and was moving upfield anyway. But if Fernandinho had been judged to have played him on yet a stray forward had been in the 6 yard box but hadn't been involved in any way as Joe was clutching at fresh air, a goal would have been given!

Still, it gave Worncock a reason to spout his usual bitterness, just like the man he replaced at that club.

Mr HJ said:
Struck by a few thoughts today - Mangala looks a better player alongside MD. Yaya is back to his best and the link play between Nasri, Silva and himself was back to the style of last year. The players seem to be really together and I couldn't be prouder to be a blue at the moment. Bear in mind this could have been a tough game - remember last year we struggled to beat CP 1-0 with a forward on!

Well said Mr HJ

Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans
I've not been shy of my admiration towards City's play, hands down some of the most intelligent football is played by them, close to how I envisage football should be played.

They're definitely one of my favourite teams to watch. I love how they construct their attacking moves. Silva is a magician.

City use their full backs as good as anyone in world football. Zabaleta & Kolorov are such great attacking full backs. Kolorov's left foot is such a weapon out wide and Zabaleta times his runs behind opposing defences so well.

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

*steps off soapbox and goes for a wank*

What forum is that from mate? I'm just going through the match thread on goonersweb and our biggest fan is spewing bile as per
Palace 1 attempt on target
Gypos - none

673 trillion billion quid spent since lunchtime and they can't muster an attempt on target

Massive fluke - huge deflection off the defender. 1-0 to scummy gypo cunts. Silva will probably try to claim it.

This is sooooooooooooo boring. The gypos are worse than us even when we are at our most tippy tappy.

That is one hate filled Tarquin.

stony said:
Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans
I've not been shy of my admiration towards City's play, hands down some of the most intelligent football is played by them, close to how I envisage football should be played.

They're definitely one of my favourite teams to watch. I love how they construct their attacking moves. Silva is a magician.

City use their full backs as good as anyone in world football. Zabaleta & Kolorov are such great attacking full backs. Kolorov's left foot is such a weapon out wide and Zabaleta times his runs behind opposing defences so well.

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

*steps off soapbox and goes for a wank*

What forum is that from mate? I'm just going through the match thread on goonersweb and our biggest fan is spewing bile as per
Palace 1 attempt on target
Gypos - none

673 trillion billion quid spent since lunchtime and they can't muster an attempt on target

Massive fluke - huge deflection off the defender. 1-0 to scummy gypo cunts. Silva will probably try to claim it.

This is sooooooooooooo boring. The gypos are worse than us even when we are at our most tippy tappy.

That is one hate filled Tarquin.

Tarquin in bile shock... yes you fucking mummy's boy we are worse than you, look at all the soft goals we have conceded recently, fucking numbskull

Good win from a potentially tricky game. Thought Pellegrini got the selection spot on. Milner tried his best upfront but it didn't really work, needs to be more fluid interchanging of positions combined with quicker passing, but given that we've only had a week to work on it we can't expect it to be perfect. Hopefully Pellegrini sticks with it, we've got almost a week to get better and i think we'll be more suited to that formation away from home where the opposition is expected to commit more players forward.

Defence looks solid again i think that's mainly down to having a settled back 4. Also helps that Fernandinho is starting again as well as Yaya who was excellent again today looking like he can be arsed again. Nasri again was very good too, going past players and contributing a lot more.

Ref was poor again today. Some consistently terrible decisions, they wasn't particularly meaningful decisions so nobody in charge will notice how poor he was all game. The linesman's decision to give offside for their disallowed goal was absolutely unforgivable. In any other profession you wouldn't have a job for very long at all for being that inept.

Only even slight negative i have with today is Pellegrini's last 2 subs. Thought he could of gave Ambrose 10 minutes after Yaya scored the 3rd. Fernando wasn't needed and then even more bizarre was bringing on Sinclair ahead of him. The guy has no future whatsoever with us and you can't even say we were putting hi in the shop window given he was on for 5 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.