City v Crystal Palace Post Match

I'm no cynic said:
dave1967 said:
Henkeman said:
Kind of interesting about the offside goal - the only reason he was played onside was because of tracking an offside player down the wing, who wasn't interfering with play, obviously. Now, clearly, under the laws it's onside, not querying that at all, but just worth noting how the interfering with play bit only applies to a striker not a defender.

I would like to see how it is written in the laws of the game
It's definitely a rulebook anomaly. Technically, Fernandinho just played the 'scorer' onside, but he was nowhere near the action and was moving upfield anyway. But if Fernandinho had been judged to have played him on yet a stray forward had been in the 6 yard box but hadn't been involved in any way as Joe was clutching at fresh air, a goal would have been given!

Still, it gave Worncock a reason to spout his usual bitterness, just like the man he replaced at that club.
I see nothing wrong with Warnocks comments. The refs got it wrong, and he has a right to be pissed. Truth is, it probably would have been a consolation goal, but you'd never know. And that's why they should get it right. We simply should go to technology on these things. It's not that hard.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
stony said:
Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

*steps off soapbox and goes for a wank*

What forum is that from mate? I'm just going through the match thread on goonersweb and our biggest fan is spewing bile as per
Palace 1 attempt on target
Gypos - none

673 trillion billion quid spent since lunchtime and they can't muster an attempt on target

Massive fluke - huge deflection off the defender. 1-0 to scummy gypo cunts. Silva will probably try to claim it.

This is sooooooooooooo boring. The gypos are worse than us even when we are at our most tippy tappy.

That is one hate filled Tarquin.

Tarquin in bile shock... yes you fucking mummy's boy we are worse than you, look at all the soft goals we have conceded recently, fucking numbskull

That particular poster has a real hard on for us. He talks about us more than he does his own team. City haunt his waking hours and disturb his sleep with nightmares. He probably self-harms every time we score.
His obvious anguish is pleasing.

Some brilliant interchange play from our midfielders today. The interchanges that gave Zabba his opportunity that just bounced past the post was excellent.

I was getting a little frustrated with at Yaya's radar a few times but his contribution was superb, and his goal just rewards for the effort he put in - 130+ touches!

I'm getting the feeling that we have devised a formula for "moving that bus". Try to pass through the wall, if that doesn't pay dividends then try long range shots, just need to keep the shots a bit lower because rickashays (spelling???) can go anywhere.

Dowd is an absolute clown. According to the after match stats we committed 17 fouls to their five. He was giving them free kicks just for falling over. The only thing he got right today was finding the Etihad.

And then I had to put up with Danny Mills negativity on the commentary.

And as for the "offside" goal. It is a bit stupid that a player could have been judged to have played an attacker onside when they are over 30 yards apart and moving in opposite directions. Guess the linesman interpreted the situation and applied some common sense.

And just to make the day better the rags didn't win.

Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:
dave1967 said:
It's definitely a rulebook anomaly. Technically, Fernandinho just played the 'scorer' onside, but he was nowhere near the action and was moving upfield anyway. But if Fernandinho had been judged to have played him on yet a stray forward had been in the 6 yard box but hadn't been involved in any way as Joe was clutching at fresh air, a goal would have been given!

Still, it gave Worncock a reason to spout his usual bitterness, just like the man he replaced at that club.
I see nothing wrong with Warnocks comments. The refs got it wrong, and he has a right to be pissed. Truth is, it probably would have been a consolation goal, but you'd never know. And that's why they should get it right. We simply should go to technology on these things. It's not that hard.

Warnock should tell his player not to stand in the "eyeline" of the linesman. They - Motd - put a "light from heaven" on their player and he was a couple of feet in from the touchline - right in front of the liner. I can see why he made the mistake - as Ferny 1 was close to the touchline as well.

Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:
dave1967 said:

His cowardly snide comment about the Etihad was uncalled for though.

Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:
dave1967 said:

He's well within his rights to have a moan, but it was more than a moan. He didn't shut up fucking whining for the duration of his interview. His only comment on the match was the offside decision, something he himself missed in real time and had to be told about.
He's probably grateful for it anyway, it gave him just excuse he needed. The last few times he's used the money argument and that is getting a bit stale now.

mackenzie said:
Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:

His cowardly snide comment about the Etihad was uncalled for though.

Make an anagram from - Neil Warnock - first name Colin W - - - - -

Bluep*ss said:
Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:

Warnock should tell his player not to stand in the "eyeline" of the linesman. They - Motd - put a "light from heaven" on their player and he was a couple of feet in from the touchline - right in front of the liner. I can see why he made the mistake - as Ferny 1 was close to the touchline as well.
The Uncooth bastard Warnock can rant on all he likes because when he reads the Sunday morning rags the score will still read 3-0.

just got in and pure negative commentary on SSN ....i thought we went into the game knowing we would win (which pisses me off) but we won 3-0 with no striker which has not been mentioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.