City v Crystal Palace Post Match

stony said:
mackenzie said:
His cowardly snide comment about the Etihad was uncalled for though.

I missed that, what did he say?

It was on his post match interview on MOTD. Said something like 'oh well, we are at The Etihad after all.'

To me, if you want to say something about a bad decision then say it (which he did, when asked specifically, and that's fine)
But then he never knows when to shut up. Made it sound like it's every week.
Rent a gob.

I enjoyed the first half even though it was 0-0. Some of our football was exquisite. Their defenders were hanging on.
2nd half - sublime. F*ck off Colin W - - - - -

mackenzie said:
stony said:
mackenzie said:

It was on his post match interview on MOTD. Said something like 'oh well, we are at The Etihad after all.'

To me, if you want to say something about a bad decision then say it (which he did, when asked specifically, and that's fine)
Rent a gob.

He's a complete wanker, his nickname is apt. In complete contrast, the tactical turtle surprised me today when he stuck up for Agbonlahor and said straight away the ref got it wrong. He earned a bit of grudging respect for that, and a bit of love when he repeated wee daveys faux pas from last year and said "United should be more like City" lol.

mackenzie said:
Dax777 said:
I'm no cynic said:
It's definitely a rulebook anomaly. Technically, Fernandinho just played the 'scorer' onside, but he was nowhere near the action and was moving upfield anyway. But if Fernandinho had been judged to have played him on yet a stray forward had been in the 6 yard box but hadn't been involved in any way as Joe was clutching at fresh air, a goal would have been given!

Still, it gave Worncock a reason to spout his usual bitterness, just like the man he replaced at that club.
I see nothing wrong with Warnocks comments. The refs got it wrong, and he has a right to be pissed. Truth is, it probably would have been a consolation goal, but you'd never know. And that's why they should get it right. We simply should go to technology on these things. It's not that hard.

Perhaps! But too many fans are purposely focussing on Warnocks and his comment, rather than a big missed call. I know how irate I get when terrible calls cost us. Sometimes even when they don't. I fume for days. So when it happens to other teams, I try not to pretend it shouldn't hurt. These big calls simply need to go to technology. Let no major call be a mistake. A tacky foul or card here or there, judgement. But when the goal goes in, everything should be checked.
Make it a bit fairer.

mackenzie said:
stony said:
mackenzie said:

Rent a gob.
Nope. But it has happened before. Good goals being dissallowed. Yes, it was a douchey comment, but it has precedence. It's not like this is the first time a legit goal has been called offside.

Dax777 said:
mackenzie said:
stony said:

Rent a gob.
Nope. But it has happened before. Good goals being dissallowed. Yes, it was a douchey comment, but it has precedence. It's not like this is the first time a legit goal has been called offside.

He's always been a shit. Never liked him no matter what team he manages. No class at all.

Dax777 said:
mackenzie said:
Dax777 said:
I see nothing wrong with Warnocks comments. The refs got it wrong, and he has a right to be pissed. Truth is, it probably would have been a consolation goal, but you'd never know. And that's why they should get it right. We simply should go to technology on these things. It's not that hard.

Perhaps! But too many fans are purposely focussing on Warnocks and his comment, rather than a big missed call. I know how irate I get when terrible calls cost us. Sometimes even when they don't. I fume for days. So when it happens to other teams, I try not to pretend it shouldn't hurt. These big calls simply need to go to technology. Let no major call be a mistake. A tacky foul or card here or there, judgement. But when the goal goes in, everything should be checked.
Make it a bit fairer.
Chances are if the ref had got it right and given Palace the goal, they would have got a bit more adventurous in trying to equalise and we probably would have stuck a couple more past them. I think that's much more likely than them equalising.

Don't know why anyone is surprised or even concerned by Warnock's comments. The dodgy bastard says the same thing every week. Just ignore the creep.

Bluewonder said:
Don't know why anyone is surprised or even concerned by Warnock's comments. The dodgy bastard says the same thing every week. Just ignore the creep.
It's just bleeding annoying that he gets air time.
I hate all this boys together stuff. Harry soddin Redknapp is the same.

In a strange way though it's also very patronising; almost as if you are a Manager that's from the UK and over a certain age then it makes you somehow exempt from criticism or minuscule interrogation by the media.

stony said:
Silva_Spell said:
Arsenal fans
I've not been shy of my admiration towards City's play, hands down some of the most intelligent football is played by them, close to how I envisage football should be played.

They're definitely one of my favourite teams to watch. I love how they construct their attacking moves. Silva is a magician.

City use their full backs as good as anyone in world football. Zabaleta & Kolorov are such great attacking full backs. Kolorov's left foot is such a weapon out wide and Zabaleta times his runs behind opposing defences so well.

Anyone can nitpick but sometimes it takes the thoughts of neutral/rival fans to really appreciate what you have.

We have a great team and it's a team we should have faith in. After a defeat BM turns into an insane asylum but we should have learnt by now to trust in the players and staff that any setback (and we will have them over the next few months) can be overcome. We've come back to win 2 titles and a Carling Cup in the last 3 years. Others may write us off and go on and on about the new flavour of the month (Chelsea at the start and Utd recently) but there's no excuse for us doing so.

*steps off soapbox and goes for a wank*

What forum is that from mate?

arsenal-mania

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.