City v CSKA Moscow Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should win, but it'll be far more difficult than some people might be expecting. This game is boom or bust for CSKA. Lose and they're out. So i think they'll be on it.

Tricky_Trev said:
We should win, but it'll be far more difficult than some people might be expecting. This game is boom or bust for CSKA. Lose and they're out. So i think they'll be on it.

Glad they need to win, should ensure we approach it the right way.

oakiecokie said:
jollylescott said:
There are so many benefits to be gained by winning this game.

There is the immediate financial gains, in terms of prize money.

Then there is the spin-off of being a part of one of the biggest stages in world club football. This alone brings more recognition, more credibility and hopefully more fans world wide who are excited to watch the brand of football City can produce.

Also it brings reward and kudos to our owners. This to me is very important. They have been incredible in terms of their commitment to the club. If for no other reason I want us to win this game for them. Progress in this competition puts us amongst the high fliers. This is where we should be, and in my opinion will be.

Finally I want this particular victory for the fans and players. Lifelong City fans have been through so much. To watch their team finally advance into the next round is a well deserved reward both for players and fans.

I remember the first time around in 1968 with a certain Mr Alison telling one and all that we`d "frighten Europe" or something similar.Very bad night in Turkey !!
Well remember that. All pumped up for our "First Night" in Europe. Fenerbache at home - Maine Road jumping -
score 0-0. Second leg away City score first -Young - then we let in 2. Still we went on to win FA cup in 1969 - again Nelly

TBooksbluearmy said:
Assuming we beat CSKA Moscow and then pick up the 1 point to make certain against either Victoria Plzen and/or Bayern Munchen. As this will put us 2nd in the group who would you like to be drawn against, bearing in mind that we will be drawn against a team that finishes 1st in their group, and we can't be drawn against an English side.
Real Madrid, overrated, their defence is shakier than ours and still can't believe we only took 1 point off them last year. unfinished business for both the club and pellegrini

aguero93:20 said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
Assuming we beat CSKA Moscow and then pick up the 1 point to make certain against either Victoria Plzen and/or Bayern Munchen. As this will put us 2nd in the group who would you like to be drawn against, bearing in mind that we will be drawn against a team that finishes 1st in their group, and we can't be drawn against an English side.
Real Madrid, overrated, their defence is shakier than ours and still can't believe we only took 1 point off them last year. unfinished business for both the club and pellegrini

I think we would have a sniff but they would still be favourites.

I would give us a 50/50 chance against anyone but Barca. I think they would beat us and of course in latter rounds Bayern who are different level to us at the moment.

jared said:
vintiz said:
____________yaya___________

Yaya_____yaya_____yaya______yaya

_______yaya________yaya_______

_yaya________yaya_____yaya_______

___________yaya_______________

After all the racist chants I think he'll personally want to destroy CSKA on the pitch !!

Get him a free kick opportunity and it's alsmost as sure a thing as a penalty. He is that good
I. like. that. team. :D
gonna put a few quid on yaya getting his first hat trick for city tomorrow actually, when he does it in my daydreams he has a balotelli style t shirt under his jersey saying 'who's the monkey now?!'

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
aguero93:20 said:
TBooksbluearmy said:

I think we would have a sniff but they would still be favourites.

I would give us a 50/50 chance against anyone but Barca. I think they would beat us and of course in latter rounds Bayern who are different level to us at the moment.
to be honest the only teams I want to avoid are atleti and dortmund, up for anyone else, including barca, seen them on tv a few times this year and messi looks like he's lost a yard of pace

Personally, I think the only teams we'd have no chance against are Bayern and Barca. Can't get Bayern. Dortmund I think have looked slightly worse this year, didn't look that good vs Arsenal, lost to Napoli. I reckon we'd have a chance at least.

I kind of want PSG maself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.