City v CSKA Moscow Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this, hope we put in a decent turnout as we could all but secure our progression from the group, although understand why a lot can not make it. Come on you Blues!!

Pantilimon
Richards Demichelis Nastasic Kolarov
Yaya Fernandinho
Milner Aguero Silva
Negredo

Hart, Zabaleta, Lescott, Garcia, Nasri, Navas, Dzeko

3-1 City

Aguero, Aguero, Milner

bobmcfc said:
Just hope all you that sit in the south stand and sections around the away fans have a safe evening. Expecting a heavy police presence and also not expecting the cska fans to be overly well behaved. I'm attending but thankfully won't be anywhere near them

Stay safe blues

You are not serious surely?

212 crew will sort out any pesky ruskies if need be.

Well after me not bothering as I was pissed off with the pricing situation last time... Just had a phonecall from a table holder offering me a seat/meal in the Chairmans Club so looks like I am going after all, let's see how the rich live!

FredTilson said:
6one said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
Therefore, reserve teams after Tuesday.
Dont' win and draws mean extra coefficient points? If it takes us to a higher pot for next season, it might be beneficial.

More points and more money. It's beneficial for us to win every game left, even Bayern, and even if we still don't top the group. Though I wouldn't put it past this City side to squeak past CSKA and Plzen, then twat Bayern 5-1 in Munich.

There are so many benefits to be gained by winning this game.

There is the immediate financial gains, in terms of prize money.

Then there is the spin-off of being a part of one of the biggest stages in world club football. This alone brings more recognition, more credibility and hopefully more fans world wide who are excited to watch the brand of football City can produce.

Also it brings reward and kudos to our owners. This to me is very important. They have been incredible in terms of their commitment to the club. If for no other reason I want us to win this game for them. Progress in this competition puts us amongst the high fliers. This is where we should be, and in my opinion will be.

Finally I want this particular victory for the fans and players. Lifelong City fans have been through so much. To watch their team finally advance into the next round is a well deserved reward both for players and fans.

jollylescott said:
There are so many benefits to be gained by winning this game.

There is the immediate financial gains, in terms of prize money.

Then there is the spin-off of being a part of one of the biggest stages in world club football. This alone brings more recognition, more credibility and hopefully more fans world wide who are excited to watch the brand of football City can produce.

Also it brings reward and kudos to our owners. This to me is very important. They have been incredible in terms of their commitment to the club. If for no other reason I want us to win this game for them. Progress in this competition puts us amongst the high fliers. This is where we should be, and in my opinion will be.

Finally I want this particular victory for the fans and players. Lifelong City fans have been through so much. To watch their team finally advance into the next round is a well deserved reward both for players and fans.

I remember the first time around in 1968 with a certain Mr Alison telling one and all that we`d "frighten Europe" or something similar.Very bad night in Turkey !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.