City v England quandry

the last time i watched England live, i was'ent that arsed if they lost as my mind drifted to the match that City were playing on Saturday and knowing that i would be pissed off if we did loose that.

I just don't think we will ever have a team good enough to win the World cup. Missed our big chance in 90.

When I watch England I watch it as a sort of guardian angel making sure none of the city players get injured, that's all I'm arsed about. Straight after it finished the other night I was straight over to Spain vs Venezuela making sure Silva hadn't picked up a knock.

Watched the ACON final from extra time onwwards and was just hoping they hadn't taken Yaya off due to an injury.

What's the point in building England up every year, it's pathetic. As if we'd beat Spain, Germany or Portugal not to mention the world cup when you throw Argentinia/ Brazil into the mix. I reckon City would beat England about 10-0 at home.

If England played exciting football like City do then yes, I would be interested in how England do. Glad none of the City players got injured on Wednesday.

Why on earth would anyone pay to watch an England friendly?

stephenhawking'sfootballboots said:
I reckon City would beat England about 10-0 at home.
A PL champions vs. England end of season game would be interesting!

A lot of American scum fans I know actually support England over the US when it comes to internationals which is beyond stupid if you ask me.

As for me, I'd rather see City win any day over the US but I do get some pleasure out of watching us win. We don't have any horrible assholes in our squad like England and I'd like to see the game get bigger here so maybe someday I'll be able to see one or two Americans lift a trophy for City.

goat boy said:
I'd like our boys to do well. imagine if micah scored one of those salmon leap headers to win a final, or Joe saved 3 penalties. They'd be national heroes, international football legends and they'd be set up for life. can't see any assemblage of English players ever getting that far tbh, but in theory at least, it could have its uses.

If a final ever came down to penalties the manager would be forced to remove Hart because the FA don't want a City player to be a national hero. The other option would be for him to be transferred to the scum before a ball was kicked.

Remember, City are destroying football and nobody needs to be reminded that they have a great player that they only paid £1,500,000 for.

jollycity said:
No. I'd rather watch City reserves beat Preston than England win the World Cup.... And yes, I am English. Just don't give two shits about England

I've never looked upon the team wearing England shirts as my England team. It's the FArce's team. I want the City players who are picked to do well but I was wholly ambibalent re the result on Wednesday.

Just got meself three tickets for the England v Belgium game in June - will I be the only Englishman in the home end supporting Kaptain Kompany?

buckshot said:
A lot of American scum fans I know actually support England over the US when it comes to internationals which is beyond stupid if you ask me.

As for me, I'd rather see City win any day over the US but I do get some pleasure out of watching us win. We don't have any horrible assholes in our squad like England and I'd like to see the game get bigger here so maybe someday I'll be able to see one or two Americans lift a trophy for City.

Stupid rags are stupid rags mate. US has a ton of character. Especially liked that Bradley. Very good player.

Can anyone tell me why we must have every game at wembley, not that i'd ever think about going, but having every game at wembley just makes me think its for the southerners. Maybe we should start a north England team, anyone want to be keeper?

But on a serious note, i dont support England really, however I get behind them in Major Tournament even with Rags in the team in terms on trophies I see it like this...

Champions League/World Cup/League - All on Par
-----------------------------------------------------
Fa Cup
Euros/League Cup
Thomas Cook Trophy/Community Shield
City Friendly Match
An England Friendly

-- Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am --

stephenhawking'sfootballboots said:
When I watch England I watch it as a sort of guardian angel making sure none of the city players get injured, that's all I'm arsed about. Straight after it finished the other night I was straight over to Spain vs Venezuela making sure Silva hadn't picked up a knock.

Watched the ACON final from extra time onwwards and was just hoping they hadn't taken Yaya off due to an injury.

What's the point in building England up every year, it's pathetic. As if we'd beat Spain, Germany or Portugal not to mention the world cup when you throw Argentinia/ Brazil into the mix. I reckon City would beat England about 10-0 at home.

Were you in the same room as me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.