City v England quandry

I am old enough to remember us winning the World Cup in 1966 and how proud I was of the team that day. Nobby Stiles and his dance round Wembley, the goal that was or wasn't. "They think it's all over, it is now!"

Now, I didn't even know until this morning what the score was last night. Apart from clicking quickly on the link that said "Three English players injured" because I was worried it might have been one of ours I had no interest in how they played or anything.

I lost interest in the 1990s when they began to believe in the hype written about them and some of them, not all, became such prima donnas and then when they started taking the WAGs and they became the story instead of the team.

Oh for the 1966 final again!! *lol*

But now it is City I want to win all the time. As for Internationals, I look for the Republic of Ireland scores before England nowadays. (Because Dunnie and Shay play for them!)

i am english and would rather see city beat the Orlando Pirates in a pre season that see england win anything.

take away our lads and i'd want them to lose every game.

Quite a strange thread but original question was would we rather city win the carling cup and my answer is yes would love city to have won it, every win, every cup final breeds a winning mentality, couple of years ago every blue would have loved a carling cup win, now some of us think we are bigger than the carling cup, that is just a shit arrogant attitude

Before the takeover there was more of a chance of City winning a trophy over England. As I've gotten older and far more cynical, my interest in the England setup has dwindled to fuck all, even when there are blues in the team I cant be arsed with it.

City >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> England.

This season i would take England winning the euros over city winning the carling cup!!!!! We got knocked out of the carling cup and England are still in the euros..Just!!
If you ask me at the start of next season, then city to win the carling cup!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.