City v England quandry

tommo74 said:
Quite a strange thread but original question was would we rather city win the carling cup and my answer is yes would love city to have won it, every win, every cup final breeds a winning mentality, couple of years ago every blue would have loved a carling cup win, now some of us think we are bigger than the carling cup, that is just a shit arrogant attitude

Quite a strange arrogant answer

I don't think we're bigger than anything.

I'd obviously love to see City win the Carling cup. I'd also love to see England go to Brazil and win the World Cup.

For me, watching/attending the world cup final and seeing England win with undoutedly many fellow englishmen would be more memorable than watching/attending a win in the carling cup final.

Its a fair question.

I'd like our boys to do well. imagine if micah scored one of those salmon leap headers to win a final, or Joe saved 3 penalties. They'd be national heroes, international football legends and they'd be set up for life. can't see any assemblage of English players ever getting that far tbh, but in theory at least, it could have its uses.

If England played the Solomon islands i wouldn't give a fuck. If England played Solomon islands with 11 city players in the team i wouldnt give a shit as long as no one was injured. If England played the Solomon islands and we had someone playing for the Solomon islands i support Solomon islands.

brad the blue said:
This season i would take England winning the euros over city winning the carling cup!!!!! We got knocked out of the carling cup and England are still in the euros..Just!!
I see what you did there ;)

Judging by this thread, it's a tribal thing, support your local club first, but come the summer of an international tournament and your Local club is not playing, it will revert back to country. Beat them frogs, Germans, argies etc etc. Tribal. Full stop. You just can't help it.

01MANC said:
Given the choice, up until May last year I would rather see city win anything over any England success. I watched every domestic side that lifted a trophy with some envy

I had a random thought recently watching Liverpool win the cup...and not really caring, that I'd rather see England win the World Cup than City the Carling cup.

This is a first for me. There have been very few memorable England games for me, but when Lineker equalized againt the Germans its one of the few times I've celebrated an England goal in the way I celebrate a City one.

I definitely draw the line at the Carling cup though...and it may well be a fleeting thought. Its also driven by the firm belief we will win more. A few years without success and I'd revert to my previous position.

Anyone else take an England World Cup win over a Carling trophy (or others?) now we have the monkey off our back?

Ermmm bollox, I eat sleep & breathe City, I like England to win. City a million times more important.

It always annoyed me when "Big clubs" supporters treated the England set up with contempt because they had access to watching top class players every week and CL games in the season.

Supporters of every lower tiered side have the chance to cheer on quality players with a sniff of a chance of top class success.....how proud were we when we had players picked for England when we weren't doing so well?

I want England to win all the time and I want City to win all the time because I love them both.

johnmc said:
If England played the Solomon islands i wouldn't give a fuck. If England played Solomon islands with 11 city players in the team i wouldnt give a shit as long as no one was injured. If England played the Solomon islands and we had someone playing for the Solomon islands i support Solomon islands.
Bloody hell, was that me saying that???? Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.