City v Everton - Official Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Gutted beyond belief, Christmas ruined for me. I don't usually subscribe to the "luck" card but we were brutally unlucky. Everton are truly a joke of a team, they represent everything that is wrong with English football. And how many handballs does it take before we get a penalty? Nothing short of an Everton defender picking the ball up would do it.
Care to explain why?

Love_Each_Day said:
red sun said:
You all thought it was easy to beat ten men. And you dismissed arsenal's win against you as being simply down to the fact that you went down to ten men. I thought it was because you did not know how to play as 10 men. Everton sort of showed you how ten men must play, though even they were a bit shaky.
Not that easy against ten men lads.

We weren't 2-0 up against Arsenal when we went down to ten men, there's the difference. Our performance that day was a lot better than Everton's when they had ten, we still passed the ball and created loads of chances and were the better team for the first hour. It was an excellent display for being a man down and most City fans were very happy with the team afterwards so I don't really see your point..

You don't see the point because you have no idea about tactics in football. The reason you were happy (in bold above) is the same reason you lost. When you are ten men you can't play like that. You fall back. Soak in the pressure, hit the other team on the counter. You forget about all this creating loads of chances to make fans happy BS. You forget about any fancy 'excellent display for being a man down'. That is the reason you lost. Naivety.
In fact your first line in your reply doesn't help your case. You went down to ten men against us (Arsenal) when it was nil nil. So what was the point of giving us an open game? What was the point of attacking blindly as if you were 11? You should have just held your line...and target to end it as a barren draw or if you get a chance on the counter, deliver a sucker punch.

Bah. You still don't get it anyway, so why bother.

KansasCITY said:
Can anyone explain to me what a backpass is? Its the one rule in football that I'm not sure I understand.

do you know how to use google?

Anyway, I had no time to write it myself, so here's from wikipedia...

The back-pass rule refers to two clauses within Law 12 of the Laws of the Game of association football.[1] These clauses prohibit the goalkeeper from handling the ball when a team-mate has intentionally "kicked" the ball to him (heading, chesting and using any other part other than the hand or the leg is allowed), or when handling the ball directly from a team-mate's throw-in.[2] The goalkeeper is still permitted to use his feet and other body parts to redirect the ball.
The actual offence committed is the handling of the ball by the goalkeeper, not the ball being passed back. An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team from the place where the offence occurred, i.e., where the goalkeeper handled the ball. In practice this offence is very rarely committed.

red sun said:
Love_Each_Day said:
We weren't 2-0 up against Arsenal when we went down to ten men, there's the difference. Our performance that day was a lot better than Everton's when they had ten, we still passed the ball and created loads of chances and were the better team for the first hour. It was an excellent display for being a man down and most City fans were very happy with the team afterwards so I don't really see your point..

You don't see the point because you have no idea about tactics in football. The reason you were happy (in bold above) is the same reason you lost. When you are ten men you can't play like that. You fall back. Soak in the pressure, hit the other team on the counter. You forget about all this creating loads of chances to make fans happy BS. You forget about any fancy 'excellent display for being a man down'. That is the reason you lost. Naivety.
In fact your first line in your reply doesn't help your case. You went down to ten men against us (Arsenal) when it was nil nil. So what was the point of giving us an open game? What was the point of attacking blindly as if you were 11? You should have just held your line...and target to end it as a barren draw or if you get a chance on the counter, deliver a sucker punch.

Bah. You still don't get it anyway, so why bother.

I see what you were saying now. You could be right about how we played against your team but I really don't think Everton went about it the right way last night. Even before they went down to 10 they had every player except one or two camped in their own penalty area which led to at least one clear handball in the box (and the deflection that we scored from). I can't remember the last time I saw a team pack the box with players the way Everton did yesterday. A dangerous game to play and they were extremely fortunate to get away with it in my view.
The way they defended the lead at COMS last season was much better, they didn't drop too deep but stopped us playing around their box and like you say delivered the sucker punch counter attack in the last few minutes. Obviously it would be more difficult to control the game like that with 10 men but it can certainly be done, Liverpool did it for a whole half when they beat Everton last season for example.

red sun said:
KansasCITY said:
Can anyone explain to me what a backpass is? Its the one rule in football that I'm not sure I understand.

do you know how to use google?

Anyway, I had no time to write it myself, so here's from wikipedia...

The back-pass rule refers to two clauses within Law 12 of the Laws of the Game of association football.[1] These clauses prohibit the goalkeeper from handling the ball when a team-mate has intentionally "kicked" the ball to him (heading, chesting and using any other part other than the hand or the leg is allowed), or when handling the ball directly from a team-mate's throw-in.[2] The goalkeeper is still permitted to use his feet and other body parts to redirect the ball.
The actual offence committed is the handling of the ball by the goalkeeper, not the ball being passed back. An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team from the place where the offence occurred, i.e., where the goalkeeper handled the ball. In practice this offence is very rarely committed.

I honestly didn't even think about looking it up on google. I guess I thought I'd get a better answer here. But thanks I suppose.

City vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Really need a win here especially with most of our rivals having home matches where they should all win. The most interesting thing about this game is whether mancni will go back to 4-3-3 or stick with 4-2-4.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Milner Barry
Yaya

Aguero Dzeko Silva

Re: City vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Extra time for a near first team was useful but I'm sure Gollum will pump them full of whatever he pumps them full of when they play us. Plus we'll have three men marking Cahill and he'll still score.

Re: City vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

greasedupdeafguy said:
Really need a win here especially with most of our rivals having home matches where they should all win. The most interesting thing about this game is whether mancni will go back to 4-3-3 or stick with 4-2-4.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Milner Barry
Yaya

Aguero Dzeko Silva

I like this team, except I would play Clichy instead of Kolarov.

Subs:
Pants
Savic
Mario
Nasri
Razak
Zab
Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.