City v Everton - Official Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think its about desire.

the difference between the two teams was everton play in a narrow band across the pitch with most of the time only 40 to 50 yards between the defensive line and the forward line. this reduces the effect of silva and tevez especially because this is the area they try to exploit. we on the other had have acres of space between forward line and the defensive line meaning that the everton players have plenty of room to pick up possession an run at us.

i thought even school football teams were told to move up and down the pitch as a unit.

r.soleofsalford said:
..........i thought even school football teams were told to move up and down the pitch as a unit.
True. And you also get taught to throw your body in front of the ball to block it and not turn away like a girl as if it's going to hurt you, e.g. like Kolarov blatantly did for the 1st and to a lesser extent Toure did for the 2nd. Toure being a serial offender for doing this. Anyone who's played at even the lowest level knows you get slaughtered if you do that.

Kolo being sent off might mean that the next game's defensive line might look like this:

Zab - Boateng - Komps - Kolarov

If you can cast your minds back to Boateng's signing interview I'm pretty sure he said he prefers the middle. Would be nice to see him in the middle in a first team setting!

Reading this thread post game was hilarious. Cheers guys for the laugh.

Judging by some of the predictions, and the general arrogance displayed here I'd suggest too many of you have got your snoods too tight round your necks...its cutting off air to your brains.

On the bright side, at least only a few of your home fans had to brave a cold, icy drive home.

See you at Goodison!

COYB

You all thought it was easy to beat ten men. And you dismissed arsenal's win against you as being simply down to the fact that you went down to ten men. I thought it was because you did not know how to play as 10 men. Everton sort of showed you how ten men must play, though even they were a bit shaky.
Not that easy against ten men lads.

I said we'd loose (typical)

My mate said Cahill would score (typical)

Then I said if were gonna score it'll be a fuckin own goal!

;)

I'm great...

red sun said:
You all thought it was easy to beat ten men. And you dismissed arsenal's win against you as being simply down to the fact that you went down to ten men. I thought it was because you did not know how to play as 10 men. Everton sort of showed you how ten men must play, though even they were a bit shaky.
Not that easy against ten men lads.

We weren't 2-0 up against Arsenal when we went down to ten men, there's the difference. Our performance that day was a lot better than Everton's when they had ten, we still passed the ball and created loads of chances and were the better team for the first hour. It was an excellent display for being a man down and most City fans were very happy with the team afterwards so I don't really see your point..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.