City v Everton Post Match Thread

Rammy Blue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
vintiz said:
I think if hart would be giving lescott a kick in the ass for the 1st goal. That's another opportunity for hart to keep another clean sheet !

Lukaku ran past lescott as if he wasn't their for the 1st goal !

One poor moment should not detract from an otherwise excellent display

Got to disagree, Lescott was awful in the first half.

I agree, thought he was pretty bad 1st half and played really well 2nd half.

Silva was MOTM for me, stands out a mile.

Disappointing that vinny's injured again, seems to be made out of glass at the moment.

Hooefully he's not out too long and Dimechelis is back soon, unfortunately I don't trust lescott for 90 minutes

samharris said:
Rammy Blue said:
Blue and Proud said:
Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??

That was fucking mental. Can't believe the ref didn't give the freekick.
Todays ref was a fucking moron!!
Funny I thought he had a good game.

When nasri came on for Aguero we looked a bit more comfortable on the ball. Maybe we use a formation like that from the start against Chelsea and WHU away ?

Ducado said:
vintiz said:
blue ranger said:
Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

I think he did a good job today. He's improving.

Well he could have taken a shot at goal when he had a chance !!!!

WTF! Fernandinho was excellent to day

Really?? Thought he was clueless in the majority

Rammy Blue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
vintiz said:
I think if hart would be giving lescott a kick in the ass for the 1st goal. That's another opportunity for hart to keep another clean sheet !

Lukaku ran past lescott as if he wasn't their for the 1st goal !

One poor moment should not detract from an otherwise excellent display

Got to disagree, Lescott was awful in the first half.

"oh no he wasn't "

;-)

Well done to all today. Fantastic performance against a dangerous Everton team.We could easily have felt sorry for ourselves when the first goal went in but we knuckled down and to be honest battered them.
Now can we sort the away form out!

I knew we will win since I see they set up high defensive line. Last 2 seasons if I can recall correctly City never lost against high line. I cannot remember when the last time opponent in PL play with us this system because it was long time ago. Everton dare to do it and get punishment. The reason is simple. City has players who like to play against this. If there is enough space behind defensive line, Silva and Yaya are good at passing the ball between defenders and Kun has pace to touch and score. Ball will get through whole game. Today is easy game their manager set up wrongly at beginning.

Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.