City v Everton Post Match Thread

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
TGR said:
zandvoort blue said:
9 bookings and not one bad tackle in the game. I`ve never seen this ref have a average game, never mind a good game.

He had a shocker today.

Luckily in our favour, thought Nasty's stupid push on Lukaku could well have been a pen as well.

To be fair if ours was a pen then so was theirs.

SrilankanBlue said:
BV0tH_-IQAAKfio.jpg:large

Only saw it live and not seen replays but didn't Coleman do a Torres-esque face grab/shove on him? If so, hope it's reviewed and the jumped-up twit banned. The Beast did well not to react and that aside played a brilliant game.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.

Whole thing appears to be a clue... We signing Iniesta?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

I think it's unfair to single out Yaya in this way.

We all know his strengh is as an attacking midfielder, we all know he isn't and never will be a box to box central midfielder.

Therefore Pelligrini will have to find a way to utilise his strength's for the team's overall benefit.

I for one do not want to see him leave, just so we can play to a particular system.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Agree that's why you play him behind striker away from home or not at all at home no problem him playing midfield

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fernandinho had his best game by a mile today
Lescott was excellent.

We looked better when Kompany went off

Hope you're feeling more optimistic now SHBE...I agree about Kompany and said the same thing earlier/in another thread. He cost us the 1st goal as he was too deep for the offside line, in the same way that he did last week at Villa, I know it was offside last week but had VK been a yard further forward the linesman would have had no reason to doubt the call.
Still, the way we came back after going down was good as that doesn't seem to happen all that often.

Not getting carried away at all but we performed very well today.It was important we scored so soon after they had scored. 1st of 5 important games out of the way.
Fuck me though..Everton fans are sooooo bitter. They moan at every single tackle.

Thought we were still very wobbly at the back till Kompany went off.
Lescott is best at looking after a striker and is fecking rubbish at sweeping up. Whereas Nesstastic is great at sweeping up AND taking the ball forward So the combination of Lescott and Nastatic looked very, very solid.

The pressing was much improved but the speed of counter attack was still too slow. Jimmy's wonderful diagonal passes up field aside.

Negredo is our best striker by far. Aguero simply misses too many opportunities ( 3 guilt edge chances today).

Agüero's penalty kick reminds me of Dzeko's third goal last season away at Norwich - the one that came back of John Ruddy after striking the upright from distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.