City v Everton Post Match Thread

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.

I'm inclined to agree with you tolmie. Yaya did a very good impersonation of a traffic cone on Wednesday. He is superb for the majority of the PL games but where teams like to keep possession and play quick passing one touch football he is a spectator. MP needs to pick and choose his games. He shouldn't be a starter 100% of the time.

Normal service going forward now that Silva's back, also with Negredo playing in a deeper role it allowed Sergio to take up what I think is his best position as the central striker. I just wish Sergio had finished off that training ground free kick routine, would have been a classic!

Still not convinced about our defending, the back four were very square and static for their goal, not just Lescott. It's too simple to just chip the ball over the top for a quick striker to run onto.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fernandinho had his best game by a mile today
Lescott was excellent.

We looked better when Kompany went off

Hope you're feeling more optimistic now SHBE...I agree about Kompany and said the same thing earlier/in another thread. He cost us the 1st goal as he was too deep for the offside line, in the same way that he did last week at Villa, I know it was offside last week but had VK been a yard further forward the linesman would have had no reason to doubt the call.
Still, the way we came back after going down was good as that doesn't seem to happen all that often.

karen7 said:
cleavers said:
samharris said:
Todays ref was a fucking moron!!
Funny I thought he had a good game.

Mark halsey said he thought moss had" lost the plot".I don't think we will be seeing him for a few weeks

9 bookings and not one bad tackle in the game. I`ve never seen this ref have a average game, never mind a good game.

zandvoort blue said:
karen7 said:
cleavers said:
Funny I thought he had a good game.

Mark halsey said he thought moss had" lost the plot".I don't think we will be seeing him for a few weeks

9 bookings and not one bad tackle in the game. I`ve never seen this ref have a average game, never mind a good game.

He had a shocker today.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.
I don't think Toure is built for a two-man midfield. Put that third midfielder on the pitch and watch him go. Translation: I agree on all points.

TGR said:
zandvoort blue said:
karen7 said:

He had a shocker today.

Luckily in our favour, thought Nasty's stupid push on Lukaku could well have been a pen as well.

lancs blue said:
Normal service going forward now that Silva's back, also with Negredo playing in a deeper role it allowed Sergio to take up what I think is his best position as the central striker. I just wish Sergio had finished off that training ground free kick routine, would have been a classic!

Still not convinced about our defending, the back four were very square and static for their goal, not just Lescott. It's too simple to just chip the ball over the top for a quick striker to run onto.
Not sure what either fullback could have done on their goal. Zabaleta was on the other side of the pitch and it was so central that all Kolarov could have done was give a penalty and a red card I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.