City v Everton Post Match Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fuck me though..Everton fans are sooooo bitter. They moan at every single tackle.

Yep - we won the lottery and they didn't. perhaps they should ask more searching questions of Mr Kenwright and the rest of the Everton board who refused to sign confidentiality agreements with the Sheikh's people.

BlueAnorak said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fuck me though..Everton fans are sooooo bitter. They moan at every single tackle.

Yep - we won the lottery and they didn't. perhaps they should ask more searching questions of Mr Kenwright and the rest of the Everton board who refused to sign confidentiality agreements with the Sheikh's people.

Don't forget though mate.Everton fans aren't manufactured...Butter cunts.

Kenwrights been pimping his club around for a long long time..WANKERS

Good win, loving Negredo at the moment, I was underwhelmed by his signing but he's looking better and better. Good to see Silva playing like he used to and even when Nasri came on he was taking players on. Onwards and upwards.

kinkysleftfoot said:
Ducado said:
vintiz said:
I think he did a good job today. He's improving.

Well he could have taken a shot at goal when he had a chance !!!!

WTF! Fernandinho was excellent to day

Really?? Thought he was clueless in the majority

Can't work it out - the opinion on fernandinho seems split. Some are saying decent today, some are saying average. Wonder if the difference in opinions is split by those at home and those at the stadium. That's not a criticism by the way - just an observation.

Blue and Proud said:
Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??
I wasn't paying attention but most people around me thought it was a back pass. On the way back a friend said she thought it might have been touched by Silva.

We were the better team by some margin and had Sergio been on top form we'd have been four one up at the break and he'd have snaffled the match ball. We played some good stuff in the second half as well but as usual seemed reluctant to shoot. Milner was through but elected to pass when he only had the keeper to beat. The player he passed to would have had a far more difficult chance so why not just blast it?
Negrado looked like he meant business and must start ahead of Dzeko.
It's hard to get excited about beating Everton even if they've been a bogey team recently, but on this occasion they were unbeaten and played some good football. No wonder so many of their fans aren't arsed about Moyes leaving. And Jose must be losing his marbles if he's allowed Lukaku out on loan but kept Ba.
We needed three points in any fashion, that we got them with a very good performance is a bit of a bonus.

The BBC say Martinez was moaning about both penalties. Nice one tosser, now about that being the right decision to allow Villa's first to stand last week.
What goes around comes around.

blue ranger said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Ducado said:

Can't work it out - the opinion on fernandinho seems split. Some are saying decent today, some are saying average. Wonder if the difference in opinions is split by those at home and those at the stadium. That's not a criticism by the way - just an observation.

I noticed that as well. Some players always are "eye of the beholder" types. And some fans see things that others don't. Depends on your own background, what you look at, if you played a lot of the sport yourself (and at what positions), etc.

For what little it is worth, I myself rate his performance fairly highly today. Made some mistakes, sure, but often seemed to be there at the right moment to disrupt the momentum of a dangerous-looking attack. (One in particular very early looked extremely dangerous.)

blue ranger said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Ducado said:

Played well today apart from getting caught in possession a couple of times. Needs to learn you just don't get the time in the prem!

TGR said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.

I'm inclined to agree with you tolmie. Yaya did a very good impersonation of a traffic cone on Wednesday. He is superb for the majority of the PL games but where teams like to keep possession and play quick passing one touch football he is a spectator. MP needs to pick and choose his games. He shouldn't be a starter 100% of the time.

Can't agree. At 6ft 3' and 14 odd stone, he's not built for shuttle running to close opponents down, but his attributes on the ball make him always worth a starting berth. We just need to deploy him in his most effective area. And for all that he was supposedly bypassed today, he still provided the best two passes of the match, the first to set up the opener, the second to put Zab in for the penalty

Exeter Blue I am here said:
TGR said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

I'm inclined to agree with you tolmie. Yaya did a very good impersonation of a traffic cone on Wednesday. He is superb for the majority of the PL games but where teams like to keep possession and play quick passing one touch football he is a spectator. MP needs to pick and choose his games. He shouldn't be a starter 100% of the time.

Can't agree. At 6ft 3' and 14 odd stone, he's not built for shuttle running to close opponents down, but his attributes on the ball make him always worth a starting berth. We just need to deploy him in his most effective area. And for all that he was supposedly bypassed today, he still provided the best two passes of the match, the first to set up the opener, the second to put Zab in for the penalty

I agree, thought Yaya had a good game today, although he ran out of steam in the last 15, which was understandable.

There is no point expecting him to do stuff he isn't capable of, in some games we should play the extra man in the middle to free him up.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

You are seriously touting Yaya as a problem? Glad you're not the manager!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.