City v Everton Post Match Thread

Decent performance against a team playing with confidence after 3 wins on the bounce. Looked a tad shaky at the back early on but that improved as the game went on.
Kun didn't have his best game in blue but still ended up with a brace. Negredo was excellent, hope he gets a few games now, just offers so much more than Dzeko. Great to have Silva back as well.

Major plus point was actually coming back to win especially against our bogey team. And of course any victory is to be celebrated.

However the old questions remain, ie the away form needs to be rectified and how will we cope without our captain (if he is out) as defensively we look all at sea at times.

Plus Ferdandiniho (forgive spelling) still doesn't impress, hopefully he will come good.

But in the meantime well done boys.

taconinja said:
karen7 said:
Team and tactics right today,would like to see that team next match.Tense in places but glad its over
I wouldn't complain if we stuck Nasri in for Milner perhaps. Not that Milner was bad today mind.

don't disagree but west ham will need a bit more of a physical presence

Good performance.

Special mentions to Negredo, Silva and Kolarov, thought they were all outstanding.

JULES said:
top quality 2nd half performance, well deserved win, kolarov had a decent game
He was having a blinder before that fucker pushed him into an elbow. On a sidenote, Lukaku is going to be a problem for lots of teams.

Much better than midweek; we really are a confidence side. Still need to work on our pressing game but nice to dispatch our bogey side with relative ease; today our great quality told. Everton without Moyes don't look the same opponent for us, hopefully his move to the Swamp will be a double whammy.

Really liking Negredo. Fern still needs to get with the pace of game.

On form, Silva, Yaya and Aguero make us very formidable.

Shaky start and a bit lucky with the Ref in the first half but in the end a good performance and result. Everton gave up the ghost after our 3rd which made it look better.

Lukaku had the beating of Lescott but the injury and sub put him against Nasty which apart from a dodgy shove which we got away with gave us the upper hand in defence. We played a better formation with the two outside midfielders coming inside to give more in central midfield which gave us more control in the second half.

Injuries could be a problem though. I thought I saw nasty hold his thigh in the collision that took out Kolarov (my man of the match until he went off). Playing Lescott as right CB is an acident waiting to happen I fear and Joe should have done better with the goal.

All in all better than I was expecting. There may be hope yet :-)

brian the blue said:
Good win but we're going to keep on getting found out away from home.

A 1 man midfield of Fernandinho is getting over-run by pretty much every team we play when we lose the ball. We're getting away with it at home but away from home we'll keep dropping points.

Correct. Especially with Dzeko who doesnt close down like Negredo or Kun.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Alright performance, bit flat at the start. But 3 points. Just a case of consistency.

Another thing. Both Negredo and Nasri need to start every game. There's something wrong with the midfield but I can't quite put my finger on it. At times it's non-existant. It's been the same ever since De Jong left. He wasn't quite in form at the end of his time here but things defensively were much more solid when he sat in front of the centre halves.

De jong barely played in the season before he left.
We're playing with more genuine width even if it's just the fullbacks pushing up at times I think. We're also asking Fernandinho to play higher up than Barry was. Leaves us vulnerable to long balls through the middle when Lescott ball watches and Kompany plays the forward onside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.