City v Everton Post Match Thread

daxman said:
L'hommeMarseilles said:
I would like to see Nasri and Silva start together. Nasri has off ball movement like no other but Silva may be the only who could get those balls to him.
Been saying this for 3 years. Best in the league off the ball. Don't know why he and SIlva hasn't worked too well in the past. Coz he moves like no other.

It has. They played together throughout the first half of 2011/12 - together with two strikers - as we handed out hammerings left, right and centre. We're nearly always better with the two of them in the team.

The idea that they don't play well together was really just something that took hold as our performances tailed off from January into March/April 2012 (they also played together every game (I think) in the final 6 games that we won).

I can see the difference MP is making in the final third, some of our link up play today was top notch and David Silva was a huge difference maker today, thought it was his best game in a blue shirt for a long while. That midfield that ended the game would beast most teams.

Still dodgy at the back though and often looked susceptible to the counter. Of course a lot of that could be taken care of with a more dominant 4231 midfield, but if he is considering that as a formation, think Pellegrini is having trouble figuring out how to drop one of SA or AN, even when he is wasteful Aguero is clinical and Negredo is a monster. Dzeko shouldnt get a look in over Negredo, not even worth going to that thread ffs ;)

If we can figure out how to make this 442 work with everyone putting in a shift where they are supposed to, we can beat most teams with it.

Good to get back on track against a notorious bogey side, 3 more goals scored albeit a pretty fortunate pen. Didn't sit around feeling sorry for ourselves after they scored, just got on with it. Would have been interesting if that scoreline had carried on for a bit longer but we got straight back into it. I think we're going to have to forget about the defensive solidarity and just accept we're always going to go out and try to outscore our opponents. Not necessarily a bad thing as the best attack wins the league far more often than the best defense.

Came from behind - Big big plus. Again, we weren't behind for long, but it still counts.

Negredo is going to have a major cult following by the end of this season by the looks of things.

Downsides, Kompany off injured AGAIN. He's starting to become someone we just can't build our team around. We're all going to get bloody bored of banging the 'buy a top class centre half' drum by next summer.

Kolarov injured, who's turning out to be far more important to our system than Clichy, who once again proved he is incapable of providing any sort of end product.

It's not going to go into any performance of the season showreels, and it doesn't mean we have a team full of world class super stars again, but we needed to win at all costs and did. Kompany going off could have set us back but we kept going for it and it paid off.

I will say that I still don't see 4-4-2 as the way forward for this team. If we sent that side out against Bayern instead of Everton, the result would be the same as Wednesday. If we're going to persist only having Yaya and Fernandinho in midfield the rest of the team better sure as shit start owning the pitch without the ball, because we're going to keep getting overrun against 3/5 man midfields. I think even Arsenal would have their way with us if we played them tomorrow. Everton were well at it at the start and went ahead - We equalised a lot quicker than they would have expected and dodged a bullet.

Not supposed to be a glass half full post but we've still clearly got plenty of work to do. Starting with not playing 2 men in midfield away from home.

Excellent response after going a goal behind. It wasn´t looking good at all at that stage but the key to game was the instant response - that was vital
Nasty and Joleon did very well indeed. We do have a few beasts out there amidst the beauties which helps as well.
Well done everyone , yes including the boss!
Now for that away form ....

I'm impressed with how well Nastasic and Lescott played together.

Kolarov, a star again. A real coward challenge by Naismith.

Hart had a good game. I don't blame him for the goal.

Good performance.

Good performance. 3 points. Very happy. Only downside was Vinny's injury.

Plenty of schadenfreude to be had at GrandOldTeam for those in need of their weekly fix of laughing at others.
They are blaming the ref.

Dr Jacoby said:
Kolarov and Nasri look like new players under Pellegrini. Very encouraged by their recent form.

Nasri was on the field for about 15 minutes, and I can easily think of at least 3 instances where I just thought, "wow". Dude is so silky smooth on and off the ball. If him and Silva can make it work like they did today, then we gotta allow that to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.