City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we had 5 the first five league games.

Don't equate good refs with winning a game. Some decisions this season have been nothing short of horrendous from refs and linos. They get so many horrifically wrong and then we hear from the 'experts' in the studio that he's correct because this and that happened, none of which has the slightest inclusion in the Laws of the Game. They are physically not upto requirements, constantly behind the play, their eye, brain, whistle co-ordination is woefully inadequate for the pace the game is played at.

Don't equate good refs with winning a game. Some decisions this season have been nothing short of horrendous from refs and linos. They get so many horrifically wrong and then we hear from the 'experts' in the studio that he's correct because this and that happened, none of which has the slightest inclusion in the Laws of the Game. They are physically not upto requirements, constantly behind the play, their eye, brain, whistle co-ordination is woefully inadequate for the pace the game is played at.

Apart from when they're marking Silva and blocking out passing options ;-)

Willy

Zabba Otamendi MDM Clichy

Navas Fernandinho Delph Sterling

Nacho Aguero

Subs Hart, Sagna, Yaya, KDB, Silva, Fernando, Angelino
I know there's a legitimate debate about whether we can fit all three of Yaya, KdB and Silva into the starting XI but I didn't really think leaving all three out was a viable option for a match where we need at least two goals (I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet tbh). That line-up looks a bit too easy to deal with, shut out the wings and there's zero creativity, Sterling and Navas don't create as much if they're forced inside.

I'd play Silva wide, probably instead of Navas, he seems to find more space when he cuts inside off the wing than when he plays centrally.

Caballero
Zabaleta Otamendi DeMichellis Clichy
Sterling Fernandinho Delph Navas
Aguero Silva

Against a team who will sit back and pack the defence, Silva is a must. I thought Yaya when he came off the bench against Palace bossed the midfield when he was up against tired legs. We need to be wary of the little woman Deulofeu and their diagonal out ball from flank to flank.

Based on injuries, rotation and the team we played vs West Ham I think the starting eleven will look a lot like this:

Caballero

Zabaleta - Otamendi - Demichelis - Clichy

Fernando - Fernandinho

Navas - Silva - Sterling

Aguero

Will be fuming if Fernando plays!! Awful player and brings nothing to the team.

Willy
Zab
Otamendi
MDM
kolarov
Delph
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
de Bruyne
Aguero

Stretch the game and go at Everton later in the game with nacho, sterling and navas

Can't wait for this game,should be a good atmosphere,hopefully,first goal is extra crucial on the night.
Potentially 90 minutes from another Wembley trip,dreamed of this for many years.

Am I alone in thinking be nice to get to Wembley but, not that bothered, this is one competition that we can do without. I might sound arrogant but I am not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.