City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permutations

1-0 takes us into extra time and if it remains 1-0 at the end of 120mins, we go through ...

2-1 takes us into extra time and if it remains 2-1 at the end of 120mins, it goes to penalties ...

3-2 takes us into extra time and it if remains 3-2 at the end of 120mims, they go through (this remains the case for any one goal win for us e.g. 4-3 or 5-4 will be same as 3-2) ...

Any other result (draw or loss) takes them through ...

Any other win for us (with more than one goal) takes us through (so 2-0, 3-1 or 4-2 etc.) ...

I'd rather we are 2-0 up inside first half hour and finish it 3-0 or 4-0 ... but with our defence (especially after today's display) I doubt we'd keep a clean sheet so we are looking at having to score at least 3 ...

Not sure how the boys are feeling after today's draw ... are they happy and feel they've snatched a point coming from behind twice? Or are they feeling down at lost opportunity?
ffs what ever happened to a straight foward win or extra time and pens,having away goals in this comp is ridiculous

they'll almost definitely score given the state of our defence, so we'll need to bag a few.

I didn't think we would leave Goodison intact, and I just hope we have some fluency on Wednesday. There's enough attacking might in the EFC team so I can''t see Joe keeping a clean sheet. Away goals should count after only 90 mins. 1-0 at 90 and we don't need ET.

I didn't think we would leave Goodison intact, and I just hope we have some fluency on Wednesday. There's enough attacking might in the EFC team so I can''t see Joe keeping a clean sheet. Away goals should count after only 90 mins. 1-0 at 90 and we don't need ET.

Pellegrini has confirmed Caballero will start again.

Pellegrini has confirmed Caballero will start again.

Really?! Seems he doesn't give a fcuk about getting to the final! You play your best team in this game, Pellegrini annoys me with every game decision he makes! He promises Caballero when he signs he will get certain amount of games no matter what is fucking ridicules Hart showed today why he is one of the best goalies in Europe, Pellegrini is a clown

Zab in for Sagna
Fernandinho in for Toure
Kelechi in for DB/Silva
Sterling in for Navas

Caballero
Zab
Clichy
Otta
Demichellis
Fernandinho
Delph
Sterling
Silva/DB
Kelechi
Aguero.

Toure/silva(DB) to come on if needed.

We have to go for it. I was disappointed that Kelechi didn't play at Goodison given this is surely the comp where he gets a start.

Put them on the back foot from the off rather than the last 45 mins.

they'll almost definitely score given the state of our defence, so we'll need to bag a few.

In cricketing terms are defence is so bad we need a "long stop".

Hopefully we go into the Everton game with no centre backs, as we have none fit for purpose imo after tonight, and play a 2-2-4-3 formation. At least if those two pub players aren't on the pitch they can't cock up. Hart the new sweeper. Keep the faith we'll win this 10-8 easy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.