City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caballero
Zabaleta - Otamendi - Mangala* - Clichy
De Bruyne - Fernandinho* - Delph - Sterling
Iheanacho - Aguero

*If fit

If Mangala is ready to go we should definitely use him, he did a good job keeping Lukaku quiet last time until he was injured, at which point Lukaku went into a rampage. Yaya and possibly Navas to be brought in as impact subs with Fernando coming in handy if we have a comfortable lead, Silva to sit out because he's been shit recently and would probably do better with a rest than to continue playing badly.

Not at all confident especially after today. Everton have been very good away from home and I can't see us keeping Lukaku quiet twice.

Hart
Zabaleta Sagna Otamendi Clichy
Fernandinho Delph
Navas De Bruyne
Aguero Ihenacho*

*Yaya to come in for Nacho on 70 mins when, hopefully, we are goals up

,...................Willy (cup goalie).......
Zab............Ota..................MDM.....Clichy ( All 3 restarting Defrnders have no backup at present)
Navas.......Fernandihno...Delph...... Silva
.....,................Sterling.....................................
..............................(Aguero)............................

My reasoning:
I made an exception for Aguero, but everyone else who played 90 minutes was dropped except for the 3 defenders who don't currently have backups.

I know Willy starting serves as another excuse for the anti- Pelegrini crowd to moan.. But I see the value in starting the backup goalie in cup games. Some don't. I do.

It's a tossup between Fernando or Delph as a starter at CM. I went with Delph coz he adds more going forward. But i have no problem with Fernando starting. And wouldn't be surprised if Pelegrini went with him over Delph or Dihno based in fitness.

Went with Navas on the right and Silva on the left as both didn't finish the game. Navas for obvious reasons. Silva on the left as a change up to try to shake him out if his rut. Besides I truly think he is best on the wings and coming inside. Rather than starting inside.

Sterling I started up top next to Aguero. I reckon Pelegrini will start Sterling on the left, but I think he has been poor there the last few starts. So shaking things up I'd play him in the middle. Truth is, the right wing is where I'd rather start him, but Navas has to start there.

Well that would be my squad.

Considering Toure played 90 today, I would say there is a chance he is on the bench for this one. If we repeat the same performance as in the league against them we should be through. Huge game this.We are two games from a title, our players should be up for it. Would prefer a 4-4-2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.