City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going to be interesting is how we start the game. If ever there was a game that required us to start at a tempo similar to what we finish games at it's tonight. If Pellegrini can't get the team motivated and playing at a fast tempo tonight he may aswell just not bother turning up for the rest of the season. If we start with the slow lethargic stuff we've sadly become used to seeing i fear Everton will settle into the game and pick us off with ease.

From the Times.

Even though he wants Everton to win tonight I've got a lot of time for Big Joe.

Joe Royle

Last updated at 12:01AM, January 27 2016

The tag of being the last Everton manager to win a trophy is one that I would like to lose, albeit with a smile, because I’m very proud of it, but equally I want to see the present team be successful and I would like Roberto Martínez to lift a trophy this year. I’d love Manchester City to win the Premier League and for us to win this semi-final and go on to win the trophy. That would be ideal from this tie.

I still have a great rapport with City fans, having played for the club and managed them. I was at an Everton supporters’ club meeting in Crewe last week and four City fans turned up to see me. It is nice. I was also at a City supporters’ club meeting last year and there is that rapport with the middle-aged to senior City fans who remember the hard times when their chant of “We’re not really here” came about when we were traipsing the far reaches of English football, going to York, Gillingham and Wycombe, which funnily enough a lot of the fans still cherished and enjoyed. I have a great relationship with both sets of fans.

I am back working at Everton. Basically, what I do is get the under-21s out on loan, when they are ready, in co-ordination with David Unsworth, the under-21 coach, and Martínez, of course. I then follow them around and report on their progress or lack of progress accordingly.”

I was at Fleetwood last night watching one of the young players on loan. I enjoy being involved again. I sometimes miss seeing Everton at home on a Saturday, but I do get the chance to go to the big games. I will be at the second leg. I am a guest of City, would you believe.

We lost Howard Kendall recently and it would be nice for him if Everton could win something this season. I was looking at YouTube the other day and seeing Howard volleying a goal against Leicester in one cup run, so it would be nice. It really would. I have to be careful because I get emotional. We were very close, we had holidays with him and his wife, and in recent years we have been closer than when we were players. So it would be nice if we could win something for him.

Joe Royle was Everton manager from 1994 to 1997, winning the FA Cup in 1995. He was Manchester City manager from 1998 to 2001.

just shoved a tenner on everton to qualify, not realising it's in the 90 mins. knowing my luck, city will win 1-0 or 2-1 and everton will win in extra time. come on city, smash them 3 or 4-0!

i sincerely hope by 9-45 its Martinez that's whining and whinging i cannot stand the thought of a months worth of ex dippers Blue and Red being rolled out on SSN 24/7

Not sure we can keep a clean sheet so would go with one holding (Fernando) and get more width in the side looking to blow them away early.
Willy
Zab
MDM
Otto
Clichy
Fernando
KDB
Dinho
Silva
Sterling
Kun
Will never happen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.