City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else feeling quite nervous now? For some reason, this feels like a really big game. And I don't mean by that, the obvious (i.e. semi-final with Wembley at the end of it). I just have a feeling that if we win this one and go through, it'll kick off a lot of other good things about the rest of this season.

I don't think tonight's game will have much impact on our next 15 games in the league or Chumps v Kiev or Villa on Saturday for that matter.

Of course its important we win and I hope and expect us to do so.

We haven't strung two wins together in the League for sometime and we look like continuing to ( like the others in the hunt for the title to continue to drop points for the remainder of the season like we all have to date ).

We could win tonight and get done over by Villa or lose tonight and just as easily cream Villa that's how this side is as present.

Could a Man City fan please inform me on the Kolorov situation is he injured??

I'm near top of sun dream team league and need confirmation one way or other

Thankyou in advance, and good luck for tonight

Hamstring minor tear we are told and could come into consideration for Sunderland.

• Manchester City have only once overturned a semi-final first-leg deficit to reach the final. They beat Middlesbrough 4-0 in 1976, after losing the first leg 1-0. City went on to lift the trophy.
Let's make that twice!
  • This is only the second time in five League Cup semi-final appearances in which Everton held a lead going into the second leg. They beat Aston Villa in the first leg in 1984, progressing to the final.
Let's not make that matter.
  • The Citizens have never lost at home in a cup competition to Everton (W3 D1), although they last hosted the Toffees in the FA Cup in March 1981.
Please keep it up.
  • Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in five League Cup appearances this season.
Everton have many threats. Let's quell them.

I'm worried we won't have the tempo or urgency because Everton will try to cancel us out again. We really need to command and control midfield tonight.

Just about to set off, got my old lucky red/black shirt on which only makes the big games now, rags, semis, finals and perhaps the final Arse game this season as its pink/grey these days.

Anybody else feeling quite nervous now? For some reason, this feels like a really big game. And I don't mean by that, the obvious (i.e. semi-final with Wembley at the end of it). I just have a feeling that if we win this one and go through, it'll kick off a lot of other good things about the rest of this season.

I'm beginning to feel nervous now I must admit,and I've not felt like this before a match for a few years now

• Manchester City have only once overturned a semi-final first-leg deficit to reach the final. They beat Middlesbrough 4-0 in 1976, after losing the first leg 1-0. City went on to lift the trophy.
Let's make that twice!
  • This is only the second time in five League Cup semi-final appearances in which Everton held a lead going into the second leg. They beat Aston Villa in the first leg in 1984, progressing to the final.
Let's not make that matter.
  • The Citizens have never lost at home in a cup competition to Everton (W3 D1), although they last hosted the Toffees in the FA Cup in March 1981.
Please keep it up.
  • Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in five League Cup appearances this season.
Everton have many threats. Let's quell them.

I'm worried we won't have the tempo or urgency because Everton will try to cancel us out again. We really need to command and control midfield tonight.

We need to play at a tempo that they can't live with.

In my humble opinion I think man city will put this game to bed by half time.. You have by far the strongest forward line and Everton are often shambolic defensively

Again good luck and thanks for kolorov info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.