CITY v Everton - WED 24th March - Official Match Thread

bizzbo said:
bit unlucky, but generally a let down. individual performances confirm my thoughts about some players, they are just not at the races mentally. there are a few out there who, the moment they have time to think, physically stop, stop the ball from moving, look around, think about it a bit more, then waste the ball. it's hard to watch. people blame the manager for the lack of tempo, but he will be as frustrated as anyone. just because you have time and space to stop, doesn't mean you should.

still, villa are fucking it up royally, and spurs now have the FA cup as a distraction, as well as some horrible games. just a criminal waste of an opportunity to sieze control.

still reckon we'll beat wigan. and burnley. probably birmingham. so all is most definitely not lost.

perfectly summed up. refreshing post amongst the folks losing their minds.

it was an incredibly frustrating night, but I feel we were badly let down by the referee for the lack of a penalty and the foul given against Barry. Once they scored and Ireland went off injured, heads went down. We were killing them when we matched their 451. But after moving to 442 they found much more space in the middle, confirming once again that Barry and De Jong can't pay together as a central duo.

Project said:
baggy said:
it was at 0-1.

we dont ever look like coming back to win once we go a goal behind, regardless of the opposition...

United H, Chelsea H, Chelsea A, Fulham H,

It's the exception rather than the rule though...

Games we have failed to win once going a goal down:

United A, Villa A, Wigan A, Burnley H, Liverpool A, Bolton A, Spurs A, Everton A, United A (Cup), Hull A, Stoke A, Stoke A (Cup), Sunderland A and tonight Everton H.

We just dont have that killer instinct or ability to change a game when it's not going our way.

mrbilliejoe said:
childwallblues said:
Spll his name right please!

Spell "spell" right please, and then FUCK OFF!

apologies if your a city fan, I can't be arsed reading your other posts to discern whether you are or not...
baseball_owned.jpg

bizzbo said:
bit unlucky, but generally a let down. individual performances confirm my thoughts about some players, they are just not at the races mentally. there are a few out there who, the moment they have time to think, physically stop, stop the ball from moving, look around, think about it a bit more, then waste the ball. it's hard to watch. people blame the manager for the lack of tempo, but he will be as frustrated as anyone. just because you have time and space to stop, doesn't mean you should.

still, villa are fucking it up royally, and spurs now have the FA cup as a distraction, as well as some horrible games. just a criminal waste of an opportunity to sieze control.

still reckon we'll beat wigan. and burnley. probably birmingham. so all is most definitely not lost.

absolutely this
the referee did not cost us the match

Mancini did not cost us the match

did the free kick for their fist goal not come from Richards throw in dfirectly to them at their own 18 yard line?

work beats the talent when the talent wont work

baggy said:
Project said:
United H, Chelsea H, Chelsea A, Fulham H,

It's the exception rather than the rule though...

Games we have failed to win once going a goal down:

United A, Villa A, Wigan A, Burnley H, Liverpool A, Bolton A, Spurs A, Everton A, United A (Cup), Hull A, Stoke A, Stoke A (Cup), Sunderland A and tonight Everton H.

We just dont have that killer instinct or ability to change a game when it's not going our way.

I just don't think it's a valid argument. We have a very decent record of recovering from going a goal behind. I'd argue one of the best in the league. From the 14 games you mentioned we came back to get something in 7 of them. Plus the 4 times we have came from behind to win. That's 19 points clawed back from losing positions if you classed them all as league games.

The bigger problem is starting off slowly and actually going behind in the first place.

I can't get my head around why Adam Johnson is taken off & Gareth Barry is left on.Johnson's left peg is far more accurate in passing, crossing & shooting not to mention that he has more balance & dos'nt run into opposing players every time he is chasing the ball.He is one of those few players that is creative & has more of a chance of assisting or scoring from practically nothing.The mind boggles.

BlueMo' said:
Dear oh dear, what a disaster that was.
This club will be the death of me.
I don't buy all this blamin' the ref shit.
We got well and truly fucked over, apart rom 20
mins in the 1st half.
Comical defending for their 1st goal.
No invention whatsoever.
Very, very disappointing to say the least.
Barry - Mainly poo
RSC - Poo
Kolo - Clown
Midfield - Poo
Wish Mancini had twatted Moyes and Cahill in the keister!

We are total shite. No leader, a manager who is out of his depth and cant speak the lingo. What the fuck was sacking Hughes all about. Set us back another year and another manager, becauase Mancini will not be hear long, he got no idea what to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.