CITY V FC Barcelona, Wednesday 9th Oct 2024, 8PM. Home leg. UWCL

Great result against a very strong side. I thought the selection was spot on so credit to Taylor for that. We were especially good in the first half - the pressing and energy was immense. Good to see Jill and Viv have mins together.

I also thought Mary and Naomi were excellent on that flank but to be fair every single player did a great job tonight. Key is now to build on this game and use the confidence going forward.

Hope Naomi is not too badly injured, you always worry about those ones when there is an over stretch, she looks better with each game.

I hope Layzell is not too badly injured? Poor from the referee forcing her off the field when she couldn't really walk. So many top performances from the players!
I think the ref didn't notice that there was contact from the challenge with Layzell only going down the step after, when she put her weight on the injured ankle (possible ligament damage maybe).

I think the ref didn't notice that there was contact from the challenge with Layzell only going down the step after, when she put her weight on the injured ankle (possible ligament damage maybe).
I ruptured my achilles tendon twice, I hope she's not done that, she was in a lot of pain.
Fingers crossed!

Disappointed to see Barca keep the ball from the restart, not even a mention of it from the commentary team

For 45 minutes we handed one out, should have been 3 or 4-0 at HT.
Yeah, i got that wrong. That's the 3567th wrong 'un I've clocked up for City! It was a much better and brighter performance than I've seen all season at The Joie. Why can't they play each game with that intensity. Mind, Barca had their moments. The right winger had a couple of one on ones and shot straight at Yamashita who, incidentally, was a lot a better tonight than on Sunday, although there was an occasion in the first half I thought I was watching Twinkle Toes Grobelaar when playing out from the back! But a very good win. Well done, girls, ladies, women, lasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.