CITY V FC Barcelona, Wednesday 9th Oct 2024, 8PM. Home leg. UWCL

Yeah, i got that wrong. That's the 3567th wrong 'un I've clocked up for City! It was a much better and brighter performance than I've seen all season at The Joie. Why can't they play each game with that intensity. Mind, Barca had their moments. The right winger had a couple of one on ones and shot straight at Yamashita who, incidentally, was a lot a better tonight than on Sunday, although there was an occasion in the first half I thought I was watching Twinkle Toes Grobelaar when playing out from the back! But a very good win. Well done, girls, ladies, women, lasses.
We rode our luck a bit at times, when the girl hit the post in the 3rd minute, I feared the worst, but we dominated the first half with power and skill, and (as usual) frustrating finishing kept it at 1-0 at HT, so again I rather feared the worst.

One clear thing for me from tonight, we don't and never have missed Kiera Walsh, she wouldn't get in this team for me, the grass is not always greener, though I suspect the money was.

I was so impressed by City in pre-season, even in the game you lost to PSG, that I have you as favourites for the WSL. I also believed you would beat Barcelona last night. The thing which impressed me was the quality in your squad. Quality in depth. It's a long season, but right now City are the team to watch.

The only thing that provides me hope as a Chelsea fan is that Brighton gave you a real good game the weekend before last. It's fair to say that Brighton are looking much improved so far this season but, even so, I didn't expect them to compete so well against you. I'm clinging to the hope that others can do what they did but right now City are the team to beat.

Last edited:
The guy next to me when it was 2-0 said he'd have taken that at kick off. I said I'd have taken a 0-0 at kick off.
Me too. Would have been happy with a draw but we played a blinder tonight . We definitely put a spanner in the world of that world class midfield engine with a relentless press. That first half was superb: I was worried we would tire in the second half but Bunny delivered yet again .

I was so impressed by City in pre-season, even in the game you lost to PSG, that I have you as favourites for the WSL. I also believed you would beat Barcelona last night. The thing which impressed me was the quality in your squad. Quality in depth. It's a long season, but right now City are the team to watch.

The only thing that provides me hope as a Chelsea fan is that Brighton gave you a real good game the weekend before last. It's fair to say that Brighton are looking much improved so far this season but, even so, I didn't expect them to compete so well against you. I'm clinging to the hope that others can do what they did but right now City are the team to beat.
You've not played them yet have you?

Completely different proposition from last year. Paris and Bonner up front with Kirby in behind. Keep an eye on Pattison at right back, i thought she was exceptional and their Columbian centre half is very good as well. Very technically coached too. They play a passing game and are a good side as you'll find out. It was only 1 - 0 but should have been a few more. We were very profligate but they had 1 or 2 decent chances. Should have been about 3 - 1 as a fair reflection.

I suspect its City or Chelsea again this year. See if you can play us this year without a bent referee sending our players off for fuck all until Chelsea equalised. That game effectively cost us the title and it was an utterly disgraceful refereeing performance.

Those red shitbags folding like a cheap deckchair was no surprise either.

I'm not bitter about it honest.

Never thought I’d type this while Taylor was in charge, but through gritted fingers I thought City were excellent tonight. Also I remember seeing Bunny Shaw’s first 2 games and thinking she’s not much of a footballer - how wrong I was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.