City v Fulham pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Aguero probably out for the swamp, we need all our attacking options up to speed, match ready for that game. So i'd be surprised if both Negredo and Jovetic didn't both get a run out.

If Negredo plays, I would also play Milner in place of Navas. They have linked up well on a number of occasions this season resulting in quite a few goals.

Chippy_boy said:
With Aguero probably out for the swamp, we need all our attacking options up to speed, match ready for that game. So i'd be surprised if both Negredo and Jovetic didn't both get a run out.

Is Jovetic fit again? If so then hopefully he hasnt lost too much of his sharpness he was getting to before he got injured. Will be a big plus if we can get him back firing. What time is pellers conference today?

Sorry to sound old fashioned ( which I am ) but I really cannot see the point in resting anyone until the end of the season or in any game for that matter. Those of you who are at least as old as I am will remember the Liverpool team of the mid to late 70's and early 80's who seemed to win everything with far fewer players than we use.

I know it was the European Cup then and took far fewer games to win but the first division, as was, had more games because there were more teams in it and there was no namby pamby letting teams dodge the first rounds of the (then) league cup. Only one then later 2 subs allowed per game and if you played in mid week in any competition then you played on Saturday regardless. Sky changed all this with the Sunday and Monday games and I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing as it allows those of us who cannot get to a game often (disabled wife, rely on mate for spare ticket as and when I can get someone to care for her while I go to the match) to watch our team when we could not otherwise.

The point is that players are supposed to be fitter than ever before, they should be able to play 2 or 3 games a week, just adjust training to take account of the match schedule. I would never want a half fit player to play and injure themselves again, I would love Sergio to be available and able to play 90 minutes for the rest of the season but I trust our management not to rush him back until he is ready.

Just play the best 11 available and have the strongest bench we can. There are no easy games unless you play the few teams who are neither facing relegation or have a chance of the Europa league.

I want us to win the league again and think we deserve to overall ( based on the way we have played not due to any sense of entitlement { and lets face it what City fan who has supported us for more than 4 years could have anything other than a sense of dread and trepidation? }) but please, please not with the last kick of the season this time! I am getting older and my heart really cannot take it again

BlueTony said:
Sorry to sound old fashioned ( which I am ) but I really cannot see the point in resting anyone until the end of the season or in any game for that matter. Those of you who are at least as old as I am will remember the Liverpool team of the mid to late 70's and early 80's who seemed to win everything with far fewer players than we use.

I know it was the European Cup then and took far fewer games to win but the first division, as was, had more games because there were more teams in it and there was no namby pamby letting teams dodge the first rounds of the (then) league cup. Only one then later 2 subs allowed per game and if you played in mid week in any competition then you played on Saturday regardless. Sky changed all this with the Sunday and Monday games and I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing as it allows those of us who cannot get to a game often (disabled wife, rely on mate for spare ticket as and when I can get someone to care for her while I go to the match) to watch our team when we could not otherwise.

The point is that players are supposed to be fitter than ever before, they should be able to play 2 or 3 games a week, just adjust training to take account of the match schedule. I would never want a half fit player to play and injure themselves again, I would love Sergio to be available and able to play 90 minutes for the rest of the season but I trust our management not to rush him back until he is ready.

Just play the best 11 available and have the strongest bench we can. There are no easy games unless you play the few teams who are neither facing relegation or have a chance of the Europa league.

I want us to win the league again and think we deserve to overall ( based on the way we have played not due to any sense of entitlement { and lets face it what City fan who has supported us for more than 4 years could have anything other than a sense of dread and trepidation? }) but please, please not with the last kick of the season this time! I am getting older and my heart really cannot take it again

I agree but with 2 massive away games coming up there is no way all of the following will play against fulham: Silva, Yaya, Ferna, Nasri and probably zabba

Full strength team for every game from now on , the players can have a rest in sunny Brazil in the summer

From Presser:

All fit other than Nasty and Sergio.

Sergio no chance of derby.

The Docs can't find anything wrong at all with Nasty but players says he feels pain in his knee.

Home against bottom of the table, I see Pellers going 4-4-2. Both Negredo and Dzeko will start. Not saying I agree but I think that's what Manuel will do.

......................Hart
Zabba.....DeMichelis....Lescott.....Kolarov
Nasri......Yaya....Fernandinho.....Silve
........Dzeko......Negredo

Cobwebcat said:
From Presser:

All fit other than Nasty and Sergio.

Sergio no chance of derby.

The Docs can't find anything wrong at all with Nasty but players says he feels pain in his knee.
Clearly been hanging around Jovetic too much. Only a matter of time before Dzeko and Kolarov start up with the mystery pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.