City v Fulham pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many will disagree but I don't see why we can't rest one of Silva or Nasri for the likes of Navas or Milner. Navas and Milner are both great players and it wouldn't be a risk starting either.

gwt said:
Many will disagree but I don't see why we can't rest one of Silva or Nasri for the likes of Navas or Milner. Navas and Milner are both great players and it wouldn't be a risk starting either.

They could get hit by a bus crossing the road... We pay them to play football, how would them playing football be a risk?

gwt said:

For me the reason we cant rest anyone is because we cannot afford any more slip ups. We have to have our best available 11 on the pitch every single game for the rest of the season and firing. None of this resting players as all we have is PL games, we have nothing else to play for.

We have a core of truly great players; Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany... plus excellent supporting players in Nasri, Zabaletta and Hart. If these 7 start, we win. If 5 or 6 of them start, we probably win. But we see time and time and time again that if we mess with it too much and leave 3 or 4 of these players out, we come unstuck. Why risk it? I'd rather they all played all the time. If they get injured then make changes. Until then, they must all play, imho.

gwt said:
They haven't played for a week. They should be good to go. Better to keep them playing and stay sharp. We should have learned by now, start with the best and bring them off rather than have them on the bench and bring them on for 35 minutes chasing the game.

gwt said:

Because we tend to be shit when we field a weaker team

Chippy_boy said:
We have a core of truly great players; Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany... plus excellent supporting players in Nasri, Zabaletta and Hart. If these 7 start, we win. If 5 or 6 of them start, we probably win. But we see time and time and time again that if we mess with it too much and leave 3 or 4 of these players out, we come unstuck. Why risk it? I'd rather they all played all the time. If they get injured then make changes. Until then, they must all play, imho.

I agree. With Aguero & Kompany out all the other key players must start.

west didsblue said:
If Negredo plays, I would also play Milner in place of Navas. They have linked up well on a number of occasions this season resulting in quite a few goals.

I don't think that Milner will start another game for us this season. I don't think Pellers rates him. I like Milner, but I don't think Pellers does. I think the most likely starting lineup is:

Hart
Zaba
Kolarov
DeMichelis
Lescott
Dinho
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Jovetic
Dzeko

In the Independent it says Fulham want Dzeko . I think Dzeko can find himself a better team than Fulham when he leaves .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.