CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

Don't know whether anyone's mentioned it, but I for one was glad Bellamy didn't come back to haunt us! You just know he would have had he played - especially how we were running on fumes near the end. Sorry about the circumstances for his absence though.

proud to be a city fan today, it meant so much for liverpool to beat us it was there cup final today and they couldnt do it not even when we had ten men and they had 12 with atkinson,joe was quality and when i saw that save i said it was better than gordon banks v Brazil in 1970 joes body was going the other way then at the last split second he changed posture to tip it around the post,well done city 'bring on norwich'

city fans today

i didnt go, but thought they sounded pretty subdued, i could be wrong though what was it like

jimharri said:
Palerider said:
rickmcfc said:
barca losing right now - so we are still unbeaten- shite ref - not a sending off and if it was Carroll should have gone too
Skirtl should have been booked as should toothy and adam - he is very cynical

Go and have a lie down.

H'mm interesting. City are odds on to win the Premier League which presumably means that most people ( or at least the one's prepared to put hard cash rather than hot wind on to it ) think we are the best side in England. Most people think the Premier League is the best in Europe but recognise that Spain , Germany and Italy contain obvious contenders. Personally I think that only Barcelona and Real Madrid are currently clear of ourselves and that we are better than Bayern and the Italian teams. So possibly in the top three looks realistic.
We're not near the top three yet. Barca, Real, AC, Inter and Bayern are all still ahead of where we are in my opinion. Look how we struggled against a very good (but not world class) Napoli side We are slowly catching up though.

What a bunch of diving and dirty players, not sure if anyone mentioned but how was that not handball by Reina outside his area, felt for Balo and Lescott, thought we were resilient today.

Silva quiet all looked knackered at 75 mins.

They didnt score from set piece or open play, an own goal. Joe was best Ive seen this season.

Onwards and upwards.

All the best Bob.

CTID

prima

Full week's rest now for most of the lads, maybe even more for some as not to disrespect Norwich but there is an opening to further rest players next weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Johnson gets two games in a row, etc.

Just back. Thought 2nd half they were on top. Suarez is a **** of the highest order. Balo shouldn't have gone imo. Bring on Norwich. Onwards & upwards.

Comrade Buka said:
Palerider said:
So basically, if we ever get to the Champions League final ( an away game ) you will want us to play for penalties. I.e. not lose. Sorry mate, losing mentality which inevitably will lead to well, losing. Fortune favours the brave. Seize the day etc etc etc.

To use your infallible logic: How did the go-for-the-win mentality work in Munich and Naples?

A CL final is classified as a neutral, but nice try.

Fortune favors the tactically sound, not the brave.

I've gone through this before but I'll try again. It's now 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw, a sending off for a professional file and tackles with feet raised. Most of the money in football now comes from TV. TV viewers want entertainment. The rules and refereeing will continue to favour the entertaining ( attacking ) teams because that's where the money is. It's p*ssing against the wind to go anywhere and play for a draw. Mancini, Ferguson, Wenger and Guardiola have spotted this and acted on it. Even Mourinho has changed tact this year and started to attack. The happy with a draw mentality is for losers and ultimately losing is what you will get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.