CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

As I say, unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. But it has happened and we can't do anything about it now other than look at the positives: still unbeaten in the league, no worse off than we were before the weekend and a very tough away game out of the way.

CTID!!![/quote]

Exactly this, He will save us more times than deflect into his own net. (the tit)!!!!!!!!!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16469_7337648,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 48,00.html</a>

Mario going rampage from 1:00 and forward.

nashark said:
Today was good practice. Teams having been coming to our place beaten before they kicked off. Against Newcastle, we won the game in second gear. The tempo was far too slow and that was no good for anyone.

A lot of men stood up today and matched Liverpool's work rate.

Mancini got it right with the team sheet but didn't respond well to the game once it had begun. Balotelli was not the player for a game like this, and Silva should have played on the right to get Micah in more (who wasn't as good as he normally is). He stuck with Milner who done well defending Enrique but a little more adventure and we would have, I feel, created a lot more chances.

Also, Aguero made plenty of wrong decisions which affected us, but overall, there's a lot of positives to take from this. Yaya and Barry done plenty and controlled the midfield for large parts.

Agree with the point about Aguero, hopefully just a bad day at the office for him.

At the start of the weekend we'd have been happy to retain our 5 point lead.

Found myself watching the game in a pub full of Liverpool and United fans. I breathed an almighty sigh of relief when the final whistle went, was astonished at the rapturous celebrations around me. Really brought home to me how much they fear us.

good point.
not read through the 40 pages, but thought yaya was poor- has played in all our games. and milner looked shagged last 10 mins- surprised NDJ did not come on...

c'mon city

and for all those who give joe a hard time........get a grip

FeedTheGoat10 said:
The ref's got it completely wrong for Balotelli's sending off.

If he's deemed it an intentional elbow (which it wasn't), it's a red card for violent conduct.
If not, it can't be anything more than possibly a foul if he's impeded player (which he didn't again). I'd be interested to see what he puts it as in his report.

He definitely had it in for Mario though.

Definitely agree with this. Balo was just trying to get his body between their defende and the ball, nothing more. It was barely a foul in my view, let alone a yellow. And bearing in mind a yellow would mean red, the ref did us no favours. Normally refs take a more sensible view. Balo only committed 2 fouls and finds himself having an early bath.

great team spirit today, several players were superb including Clichy. I just think that mid way through the 2nd half when they were starting to get a bit on top Mancini should have brought on De Jong (if he was on the bench) and tried to shore up the space between defence and midfield. They were just running through us in the last 15 minutes.
Look at it this way....City get a point at Anfield, Utd draw at home with Newcastle and Arsenal fail to beat Fulham at home....which of those 3 top 6 teams will be the happiest with their point?

Hart was awesome today so I hold my hands up and admit I was first to criticise him for his parrying.

Thought the whole team looked tired today.

Yaya - Still an enigma for me....Just looks fucked permanently.

Fantastic point which could easily have been nil if it wasnt for Joe but could have been 3 if Silva had finished the last minute chance.

Liverpool are a dirty cheating bunch of cunts and Atkinson got sucked in. Suarez when fairly tackled goes down like hes been poleaxed. Great to be 5 pts clear and another tough game out of the way. Norwich at home next Saturday. Jeez 2 draws 11 wins...still in dream land.

How many games will he get Mario? and will Tuesday count

If there is any logic and fairness whatsoever, Mario will only get a 1 game ban.

If it was dangerous play (which it has to be in order for a greater than 1 match ban) then it has to have been a straight red. As a straight red was not given, it can't be more than a 1 match ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.