CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

lee-mcfc they will score atleast one tomorrow can see our defence making a mistake and letting suarez in or someone its v/predictable
i said that on the pre match thread

:(

oh well onto the next game

I still find it funny that the pundits and scousers saying Liverpool unlucky not to take the full 3 points yet the only reason they even got 1 point was for a comical own goal...

strongbowholic said:
For what it's worth:

1. I thought Liverpool were excellent in their harrying and pressing
2. I thought we looked tired but still did well considering
3. I thought Reina should have been carded for handball
4. I thought Atkinson seemed determined to book our players, yet let persistent fouling from Lucas and Adam, along with persistent diving from Suarez, go unpunished - all we ever ask is consistency
5. We're still unbeaten in the league and 5 points clear, so whilst nothing gained, nothing lost either
6. I think we have an issue with teams that press the way Bayern, Napoli and now Liverpool have done. We don't seem to recognise that if there are two or three players pressing one of ours, we need to switch play (if we can) more quickly - I thought we switched play very slowly
7. I thought Balo's second card was very harsh
8. I thought Bad Yaya turned up again for us today. I don't like Bad Yaya, I like Good Yaya, please bring back Good Yaya.

So overall, disappointed we did not win, but settle for a point all day considering Hart was magnificent and without his heroics, they could easily have took all 3 points.

A very sound post mate. And got to add Suarez was a disgrace. Can't the FA[or what ever their called these days] charge him with misconduct or something like that. What a tosser!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
taking away everything else the only reason we've dropped any points all season is because of our defensive sloppyness and mistakes.

we'd have won today if it wasn't for Lescott's needless deflection, it was the soft goal at Fulham, 2 soft goals in Naples, 2 soft goals in Munich, soft goals in the Community Shield and we were poor defensively at home to Napoli as well.
Having just seen it I totally agree, another daft goal to give away, its not just those that have cost us the result either, a number of goals in other games that we've won, have been down to poor defending.

I actually thought our defence today put a good shift in, but we still gave away a needless goal. I'm all for scoring more than the opposition, but we do still need to tighten up at the back. Lescott had no reason to touch that, and time to look, and avoid touching it today, not knocking him, it was a genuine error, but we need to cut them out, there are far too many.

I thought our defence was very shaky today. Marking space at times when only 1 or 2 pool players to mark. Surly we can leave zonal marking aside at different times when its obvious you just mark the man and not let him settle on the ball. It was like ping pong at times nobody taking command of situation when its in a dangerous area.

Hari84 said:
strongbowholic said:
For what it's worth:

points.

I think the card was okay..
http://videa.hu/videok/sport/mario-balotelli-sent-off-city-liverpool-man-L9LZQTHebMDWapCX
and still think he need to grow up,, and not coz im dzeko, I love se City win witout dzeko some times coz he needs to rest like all other players!

The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

Berkovic_blue said:
Hari84 said:
strongbowholic said:
For what it's worth:

points.

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/mario-balotelli-sent-off-city-liverpool-man-L9LZQTHebMDWapCX
and still think he need to grow up,, and not coz im dzeko, I love se City win witout dzeko some times coz he needs to rest like all other players!

The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

no he just favours liverpool as proven by rodwell's red card for a phantom foul on Suarez the other week.

He protects Suarez and gives Liverpool everything, as proven twice now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Hari84 said:

no he just favours liverpool as proven by rodwell's red card for a phantom foul on Suarez the other week.

He protects Suarez and gives Liverpool everything, as proven twice now.

His stats show him giving 66% of cards to the away side which is a fair bit higher than any other ref in the league. It's not just Liverpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.