CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

20 years ago if you got a point at anfield you went home and had a wank just got back guess what me and missus gonna do...im having a stella... shes dreaming about Joe Hart...REST IN PEACE SPEEDO

Palerider said:
Comrade Buka said:
Palerider said:
Ok. we lost in Munich, we lost in Naples BUT if we had gone to defend there is no guarantee that we would have got your yearned for point anyway is there?

The only thing guaranteed in life is that we will eventually die.

And there is no guarantee we would be in a better position for the last game had we played defensive, counter-attacking or possession football. Come to think of it, there are no guarantees in football at all. Mind blowing thought, innit?

If I drive my car at 200 miles per hour I am not guaranteed to crash, but the odds are hell of a lot bigger than if I drive at 50 miles per hour.

Palerider said:
That's just conjecture. Aftertiming. Believe it or not, I actually think the tactics in Munich and Naples were wrong but that is probably down to my pessimistic nature.

Is that why you are advocating numbskull, all out, attacking football?

Palerider said:
The overwhelming evidence is that the successful sides are the attacking sides.

Brilliant. Then we don't need to study our opponents. Because no matter who they are, and under what circumstances, we should always full on attack. We should name that tactic after you "The Palerider The Stats Say So Attack".

Palerider said:
Over one or two games ( arsenal 2- 8, United 1-6, Spurs 1-5 ) those tactics can be ridiculed but long term they are the only tactics.

If you think the Chumps is the same thing as the PL, you need your head examined.

Palerider said:
Even the Italian teams don't play Italian anymore!

Great. Too bad that pesky team from Naples forgot they are Italian.

I think one word covers every answer. Barcelona

I want my 20 minutes back. I just wasted 20 minutes of my life arguing with a person with the logic of a cucumber.

He didn't do too much wrong, but he has got to realise that players will do anything to make him look like a mug. Don'r give them any excuse

BobbyQ90 said:
Was thinking Adam Johnson should have come on and Yaya off, but they took off Nasri who at least had a few good crosses and through balls.

Balotelli is a difference maker, but just when you think he has grown up he does something like that.

Did anyone else notice how good a game Barry had? Some beautiful passes out wide and I only noticed one misplaced pass. Looked like he was in Villa colors again.

AJ was never ever going to come on it that game - Mancini does not think he has the workrate to get up and down the pitch and support his fullback

dctid said:
BobbyQ90 said:
Was thinking Adam Johnson should have come on and Yaya off, but they took off Nasri who at least had a few good crosses and through balls.

Balotelli is a difference maker, but just when you think he has grown up he does something like that.

Did anyone else notice how good a game Barry had? Some beautiful passes out wide and I only noticed one misplaced pass. Looked like he was in Villa colors again.

AJ was never ever going to come on it that game - Mancini does not think he has the workrate to get up and down the pitch and support his fullback
He's just renewed his contract. he must trust him.

We got fuck all there last year, so a point is an improvement. If you would have asked most sensible blues would they have taken a point IMO most would have settled for that. As for Mario he has just had a blip hopefully once the blue mist has settled I am hopeful Roberto will sit him do and explain again if needs be his responsibilities to the team (although I feel the second yellow was unjustified). Hopefully he will learn and go on another learning curve and score plenty of goals for fun. This has been a hell of a week, lets hope we finish this week off with a win at Arsenal and pick up three points at home to Norwich. It ain't the end of the world and I am still as proud of our achievements irrespective of the negativity and bile shown or will be shown by media and pundits alike. CTID.

Marvin said:
dctid said:
BobbyQ90 said:

He's just renewed his contract. he must trust him.

AJ seldom starts in big big games - AJ is a quality player but Mancini has been quite public in his critism of him

AJ will play Tuesday and may even be captain no reason not too offer him a new contract as he is one of the best wingers in the prem but its horses for courses and it was not his race today

blue underpants said:
20 years ago if you got a point at anfield you went home and had a wank just got back guess what me and missus gonna do...im having a stella... shes dreaming about Joe Hart...REST IN PEACE SPEEDO

LOL re: Big Joe

Loved Big Joe saying it was nice that he was involved in a game for a change!!!

taking away everything else the only reason we've dropped any points all season is because of our defensive sloppyness and mistakes.

we'd have won today if it wasn't for Lescott's needless deflection, it was the soft goal at Fulham, 2 soft goals in Naples, 2 soft goals in Munich, soft goals in the Community Shield and we were poor defensively at home to Napoli as well.

That in itself is a positive and a negative, the negative is our silly mistakes which is the only thing holding us back, even in games that we win, and a positive because it's us making the mistakes, so we can, and by now, should be rectifying it.

Apart from Cavani at COMS maybe and Fletcher maybe at OT, has anyone genuinely scored a good goal this season that we couldn't have done a lot better with?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.