CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

Berkovic_blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Berkovic_blue said:
The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

no he just favours liverpool as proven by rodwell's red card for a phantom foul on Suarez the other week.

He protects Suarez and gives Liverpool everything, as proven twice now.

His stats show him giving 66% of cards to the away side which is a fair bit higher than any other ref in the league. It's not just Liverpool

fair point, but that's twice now, both home and away that he's favoured them this season.

We were running on empty tank for a lot of the game. A lot of miss passes that shouldn't have been. Its just unfortunate that we had to score for them. Its not a bad result considering we only played 40% of our potential and still managed to grind a result.

Fucking donkey teeth is such a pain in the ass to watch, he's got one of the most punchable faces around, oh and so has charlie fucking adams, the lump of a **** looks like he works at the local butcher shop.

The number of times adams, lucas, and so on hacked at silva's feet were ridiculous, and none of them were called, fucking astounding, and it wasn't just happening to him.

simon23 said:
im not one to usually have a go at ref's or individual opposition players but the ref's performance today was appauling and suarez is a disgrace.....

he was clearly trying to get kompany sent off with his diving tot he ground at every opportunity. how he wasnt booked for it ill never know

the ref let a couple of awful challenges by liverpool players go unpunished esp the one that went straight through the back of a player.

and balo's sending off was a disgrace....we should appeal that for sure.

a point in those circumstances is a good result in my opinion and we are still 5 pts ahead of second place and its nearly december...get to new year in this postion and that is real progress!

I assume thats a Clarkie ??

While I would like to blame a bad ref, a diving fouling opposition and a incredibly unlucky own goal the fact is we didn't look good enough today, and in ways this is a relief as even when playing badly (for us) and having everything stacked against us we got a point against liverpool.

I really wish we would drop Yaya sometimes, for so much of this match and Napoli he looked like he couldn't move and slowed everything down.

The other two things I want to mention are firstly I feel sorry for Aguero, I feel he should of scored in this match and secondly Barry did his usual excellent performance.

cleavers said:
Berkovic_blue said:
His stats show him giving 66% of cards to the away side which is a fair bit higher than any other ref in the league. It's not just Liverpool
cleavers said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side
Correct.

if I were a statistical journo and/or had a footballing website I'd post them all up for all to see; name and shame!

;o)

- a league table for referees, highlighting their inconsistencies so the weaker ones were weeded out for the betterment of the game.

Blue Tooth said:
Great point today...we bossed the first half and to be fair tired in the second quarter of the second half...sterling work by Joe Hart and I think some credit needs to be given to Reina who closed Silva down quickly...was difficult to get a first time shot away...i thought Dzeko might have released it sooner.
Still all in all a very good point when down to 10 men.
Well played Blues.

i think their keeper did very well.very quick to smother the danger. he really is a top class committed goalie,the scousers got out of jail there due to his quick decision making.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 am --<br /><br />
mad4city said:
Considering that the home crowd refereed the second half, I suppose we've got to be happy with a point.
I don't think I've ever seen a worse bunch of cheats and divers than that Liverpool team, today. Suarez reminds me of the mock Ronaldo, in that everytime he loses the ball, he's pleading for a free kick/ pen/ card for an opponent. Adam & Lucas realised that were given carte blanche to hack and kick anybody they saw fit and duly obliged. I could go on. All in all, Liverpool were an embarrassment to the sport but it's hard to blame them if they've sussed out a weak-willed referee will buy every pup they sell him. The second yellow for Mario was pathetic refereeing in it's craven playing to the gallery - it's not Mr Atkinson's first dodgy sending off at anfield this year, either. At one stage (around 70th minute to the end) every single 50/50 challenge (especially in theiur half) seemed to result in a Liverpool free. I'd love to see the stats for that part of the game. It just beggared belief.

Liverpool are probably thrilled giddy with a point, today (God knows, the way the ref's authority unravelled almost into the realms of farce towards the end, they probably feel that they deserve all three).

Look forward to putting manners on them in January.
me too. excellent post.

HazeM3 said:
Balo should never be in a match squad again. Greatful for a point. Joe Hart MOTM.
What a short memory you have!!!!
Did it cross your mind that he was being targeted by the ref and the scousers?

I'm so surprised they take Suarez seriously still, that guy is the biggest diving and whining cnut in existance today!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bht2VOqtAk[/youtube]

A small compilation of his diving he did here. He also BIT another player(!!)

oakiecokie said:
simon23 said:
im not one to usually have a go at ref's or individual opposition players but the ref's performance today was appauling and suarez is a disgrace.....

he was clearly trying to get kompany sent off with his diving tot he ground at every opportunity. how he wasnt booked for it ill never know

the ref let a couple of awful challenges by liverpool players go unpunished esp the one that went straight through the back of a player.

and balo's sending off was a disgrace....we should appeal that for sure.
a point in those circumstances is a good result in my opinion and we are still 5 pts ahead of second place and its nearly december...get to new year in this postion and that is real progress!

I assume thats a Clarkie ??
can only appeal a straight red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.