CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

Gab Marcotti and a few other guys on ESPN press pass quite rightly stated tonight "any other player and they don't get a yellow", which sums it up imo. Everything Balotelli does gets put under a microscope and its almost as if the refs get a bit over excited.

True, but don't give them a chance to book you.

You can play without fouling

But the focus should switch to Suarez, and the players who feign injury

Why play aggressively at all when you're already on a card? Vinny, as a defender, went 80 minutes, tackle after tackle, without getting a second card because he was careful. Balo haphazardly throws his arm into a player and with that he seals our chances for a win -- completely unnecessary.

With that said, I think Suarez should have picked up at least 12 cards today. Vinny was really a magician to not get booked a second time marking that ugly diving ****.

We were fortunate to take a point,we started far better but,the sending off aside,we were struggling to keep pace at the end and without Hart we would have lost by two or three.
We seem to be lacking a cutting edge at present,someone with a spark,our main lads are playing below par and the fluidity is somewhat missing.This isnt really a surprise considering the blistering start we have made and the mouthwatering football we have been witnessing that standards at some stage would drop off a little.The chumps game looked to have took its toll on a few.....
To come away from Anfield,with 10 men and a raft of players on undeserving yellows with an inept bias official while playing against a team of cheats is still a fantastic result.

Five main points
1. Balo is daft and deserved the first yellow but the second was a joke
2. Suarez is a dispicable excuse for a man
3. Reina deserved penalising for the handball
4. Hart and Kompany(dealing with that cnut) were magnificent
5. Atkinson was a disgrace

I think in the second half we started to look a bit leggy.

Mancini needs to rest the lot against arsenal. How Yaya never gets a games rest is weird he looked shattered in the second half.

Other than keeping possesion Nasri needs to contribute a lot more- he needs to fight like the rest of the team and try to get in more dangerous positions than he currently does.

I have not had time to read all this thread so if someone has already made this point I apologise:

I would like to commend Vincent Kompany's Captaincy yesterday. He was magnificent, when the ref sent Balo off (which was all wrong) he brushed the Liverpool players aside and told them to go away as he spoke to the ref and then when his plea went unheeded he rallied the team round, he went over to them all and seemed to be saying "come on lads, let's get on with it". A true Captain and an inspiration and I am so glad that it was him who scored our goal. And throughout the match he was encouraging the team all the time.

Well done Captain Kompany.

stimo said:
oakiecokie said:
simon23 said:
im not one to usually have a go at ref's or individual opposition players but the ref's performance today was appauling and suarez is a disgrace.....

he was clearly trying to get kompany sent off with his diving tot he ground at every opportunity. how he wasnt booked for it ill never know

the ref let a couple of awful challenges by liverpool players go unpunished esp the one that went straight through the back of a player.

and balo's sending off was a disgrace....we should appeal that for sure.
a point in those circumstances is a good result in my opinion and we are still 5 pts ahead of second place and its nearly december...get to new year in this postion and that is real progress!

I assume thats a Clarkie ??
can only appeal a straight red

Why do you think I highlighted it and asked if it was a Clarkie ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.