CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

delighted with a point,second hardest ground to go to,atkinson and the crowd on there side and they couldnt even put the ball in the net themselves.

joe hart was excellent,thats what hes there for.how many points/leagues has cech/van der sar won for their team in a season??

its gonna be the same with joe. a point at anfield is not to be sniggered at.

5 points clear,played,spurs,scum,liverpool all away and got 7 points....

great time to be a blue

Berkovic_blue said:
The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

Professionalism is to adapt to the circumstances. If it is clear that the ref is favoring one side, the professional player adapts, regardless of which side he is on - the favored one, or the punished one.

The professional does not give the referee the choice to favor or not, as much as possible, that is.

"He can't get a yellow, because that guy didn't get a yellow" is a child's argument.

Comrade Buka said:
Berkovic_blue said:
The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

Professionalism is to adapt to the circumstances. If it is clear that the ref is favoring one side, the professional player adapts, regardless of which side he is on - the favored one, or the punished one.

The professional does not give the referee the choice to favor or not, as much as possible, that is.

"He can't get a yellow, because that guy didn't get a yellow" is a child's argument.

As a professional, all you ask for is consistency in decisions.
This did not happen yesterday.

Comrade Buka said:
Berkovic_blue said:

professional is cheating then? okay...

A lot of Liverpool fans saying to me that we were lucky to get the draw. I may be biased but I thought we were extremely unlucky.

- Reina could have been sent off (Should have been sent off in my opinion).

- Liverpool's goal (Enough said about that)

- Silva not finding the net at the end of the game.

I have never bought into this lucky because the keeper made the saves. The only luck that comes into it is being lucky enough to have a keeper that can make those saves. That is what they are on the pitch to do for christ sake.

I am extremely satisfied with a point at Anfield, and ultimately the game could have gone either way. Other points:

- Mario is stupid and should not be making challenges like that when he is on a yellow regardless of whether it was a yellow card offence or not.
- Suarez is a despicable character and his stamp on Kompany and rolling around on the floor holding his head was absolutely disgusting.
- Atkinson didn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of a volatile home crowd and his decisions seemed to reflect that.

Whatever Suarez achieves in football, he will always be remembered first and foremost for being a cheating bastard. A disgrace to the game.

Dave S said:
Whatever Suarez achieves in football, he will always be remembered first and foremost for being a cheating bastard. A disgrace to the game.

He's a horrible excuse for a man.

dominicquinn19 said:
Liverpool fan here, gonna try (haven't had much sleep) and give my unbiased view.

1. The ref was awful. He wasn't biased towards us, he was just shite. He always is. Milner didn't handle the ball, Reina was lucky to get away with what he did and Balotelli's second booking was harsh.

2. However, Suarez had the shit kicked out of him. Yeah, I know, he goes down far too easy sometimes. We all hate to see it, but I'm struggling to think of a time yesterday were he genuinely went down without contact. I'll admit Adam dived at one stage but Micah Richards went down like a sack of shite with practically no contact too, and you got a free kick after Milner slipped.

3. Lucas didn't foul anybody so didn't deserve to be booked. Seriously, he was impeccable yesterday. Yeah, Adam goes into some tackles a little hard but none of yesterdays stick out in my mind as bookable offences. I only saw one replay of Aggers elbow on Aguero but from where I was sitting, he didn't even make contact with Agueros face. I'll make a note to check it out again later.

4. MotM was either Lucas or Hart. Genuinely impressed at Hart, I've never really rated him highly but after that performance, he's changed my mind. Lucas was, as I said, amazing. I know stats mean fuck all most of the time but:

Passes attempted 75
Passes completed 69
Success rate 92%

Tackles attempted 11
Tackles won 11

That's split into:

Duels won (aerial) 5/5
Duels won (tackle) 6/6

Interceptions 6

5. I think City should be happy with a point. Overall, I think we were the better side. If it wasn't for Joe Hart playing a blinder, that would have been a very different score.

6. The wingnut of a city fan who shouted "City" during the minute silence should be locked in a room with Bellamy and a golf club. That really lowered my opinion of City fans. Of course, I then saw a City fan with "Justice For the 96" on his shirt, so respect for that.

7. I'm pretty sure Kenny motioned for a drink with Mancini after the match. I really hope that happened.

8. Balotelli is a hero.

I have no idea if any of this makes sense. It's half 7 and I've got about an hour of sleep so I'm not exactly literate at the minute.

Welcome to Bluemoon. We don't seem to get many decent Liverpool posters, so good to see your post.

Would agree with most of what you posted but with minor differences;

1/ Thought Reina's was a good challenge (he did well all through)

2/ A few players on both sides got a kick, but I'd need to see the match again to believe Suarez didn't dive. Maybe I've just got a downer on him; great player, but cheating bastard. Didn't notice Adam or Richards incidents.

3/ Lucas is a decent player, couldn't understand why so many L'pool fans didn't like him at first. I didn't see any reason for Aguero to go down, but got the impression he got a finger in the eye. If so, completely accidental.

4/ Hard to pick a motm out of that, it wasn't pretty!

5/ I am happy with a point, and I think the players are, but it was very even until the sending off. If anything, we looked like we had the players to come up with something to break the deadlock (and I'm not biased, honest!).

6/ Wingnut is very polite. Far too polite.

7/ If Kenny wants to buy me a drink he's welcome.

8/ Balo is a hero. And immature. First yellow avoidable, therefore no sending off. Only 21, but I hope he gets some common sense soon. *crosses fingers*

2. However, Suarez had the shit kicked out of him. Yeah, I know, he goes down far too easy sometimes. We all hate to see it, but I'm struggling to think of a time yesterday were he genuinely went down without contact.

laughing at this, suarez went down like he'd be shot then rolling on the floor

hate the ****

Not strictly about the match but what went on with the two fireworks that went off yesterday? One around kick off in the stands and one just after we'd got out behind the away end. Was it City throwing them, Pool or both?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.