CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

MCFCinUSA said:
cleavers said:
Berkovic_blue said:
His stats show him giving 66% of cards to the away side which is a fair bit higher than any other ref in the league. It's not just Liverpool
cleavers said:

if I were a statistical journo and/or had a footballing website I'd post them all up for all to see; name and shame!

;o)

- a league table for referees, highlighting their inconsistencies so the weaker ones were weeded out for the betterment of the game.

For your convenience:

Source: http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&Code=EPL&statType=ref_report

Clearly, Chris Foy (70,6%) and Martin Atkinson (65.7%) hand out more cards to the away teams, for whatever reason.

While Mike Jones is the most card happy referee: 4.9 yellows per match.

lee-mcfc said:
2. However, Suarez had the shit kicked out of him. Yeah, I know, he goes down far too easy sometimes. We all hate to see it, but I'm struggling to think of a time yesterday were he genuinely went down without contact.

laughing at this, suarez went down like he'd be shot then rolling on the floor

hate the ****

Borrowed off another thread but I thought it was fitting

suarezg6ujn.gif

Juan King said:
lee-mcfc said:
2. However, Suarez had the shit kicked out of him. Yeah, I know, he goes down far too easy sometimes. We all hate to see it, but I'm struggling to think of a time yesterday were he genuinely went down without contact.

hate the ****

suarezg6ujn.gif
yeah i was trying to find that on youtube but its been removed, on the clip it shows it from the other angle and suarez stamped on his foot then went over like he'd been shot , disgrace of a man, worst diver in the league

lee-mcfc said:
Juan King said:
lee-mcfc said:

hate the ****

suarezg6ujn.gif
yeah i was trying to find that on youtube but its been removed, on the clip it shows it from the other angle and suarez stamped on his foot then went over like he'd been shot , disgrace of a man, worst diver in the league

The more I see it, the more it looks like a deliberate stamp on Vinnie's foot.

That clip just highlights was a disgusting , cheating **** he is.

The FA should be acting on that. Its a definite stamp on Vinnies shin. Good job Suarez is a lightweight piece of shit. Could have snapped a leg.

Is there any point in someone emailing the FA and pointing it out?

dominicquinn19 said:
Liverpool fan here, gonna try (haven't had much sleep) and give my unbiased view.

1. The ref was awful. He wasn't biased towards us, he was just shite. He always is. Milner didn't handle the ball, Reina was lucky to get away with what he did and Balotelli's second booking was harsh.

Facts say he is biased towards the home side:

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&Code=EPL&statType=ref_report

dominicquinn19 said:

I thought this was your unbiased view? Suarez is a twat of gargantuan proportions. Had he been on our team I am sure you would share my view.

nijinskybell said:
lee-mcfc said:
Juan King said:

suarezg6ujn.gif

The more I see it, the more it looks like a deliberate stamp on Vinnie's foot.

And the more I see it,the more I wish the fooking FA and the PFA would take some positive steps to stamp this out.
They can book players for ungentlemanly conduct for simulation,but how many refs actually do it ??
That tackle could quite easily have ended up with Vinnie getting a broken foot,the bastard !!

havelocke said:
Comrade Buka said:
Berkovic_blue said:
The 2nd yellow was a complete joke, virtually every non-City fan I've spoke to/seen posting has said the same. Skrtel flopped and Adam whined to the ref who was taken in.

Mario's first yellow was also very soft considering Skrtel got away with wrestling Aguero to the ground in the 1st half.

Atkinson is a poor ref who regularly favours the home side, thought it was a well earned point today all things considered.

Professionalism is to adapt to the circumstances. If it is clear that the ref is favoring one side, the professional player adapts, regardless of which side he is on - the favored one, or the punished one.

The professional does not give the referee the choice to favor or not, as much as possible, that is.

"He can't get a yellow, because that guy didn't get a yellow" is a child's argument.

As a professional, all you ask for is consistency in decisions.
This did not happen yesterday.

Doesn't change the fact it is a child's argument.

Kompany adapted after his yellow card to name a true professional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.