City v Liverpool Post Match

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, shame we didn't put in that third goal but I think that that is the best that Liverpool have played this season. They gave us a run for our money but we were ready for them. James Milner and Gael Clichy were outstanding and Zaba was his usual warrior self. But the whole team gave 100% and showed how the Boys in Blue never give in.

I was glad that the ref gave Sturridge that yellow card for his blatant dive and Suarez was kept under control, yes he did play well but we had the measure of him.

I was upset that Dzeko did not play to the whistle, if he had got up instead of lying there maybe our guys would have been concentrating harder instead of looking toward him wondering if he was hurt or not.

Rogers was trying at every turn to influence the ref and the linesman in front of the CB stand and the linesman there was giving them everything. I understood that if you were going to stop play for a player pulling someone's shirt and clinging on to them it was the player whose shirt was being pulled who got the free kick? That linesman three times gave it to Liverpool when they (mainly Henderson) were pulling our man's shirt!! I really must look up the rule book again!!

I've not read the whole thread so I apologise if I have posted what others have posted!

What really amused me, although I guess it shouldn't have done, was when Sturridge was taken off and was applauding both them and us and our fans were singing "There's only one greedy *******" and he gestured for them to sing it louder!! Shows that he does have a sense of humour I suppose. (I do not like Sturridge for many reasons so don't think I am praising him, just sort of damning with faint praise as they say!!)

We were cryin out for an extra man in midfield today. Garcia and Barry had to work there arses off to get near the ball. Was up in the gods today and it jus looked like we were tactically outwitted big time. Suarez and Sturridge pinned Clichy and Zabba back so we didn't really have any attacking width. And sometimes we had a row of 4 attacking players jus waitin for the ball? Great game though lot of effort jus no result.

Silva was rubbish today, gave the ball away continually, and didn't work hard enough. We need him back as soon as possible otherwise we have zero chance of retaining the title. Dunno if he's lacking confidence or motivation ( not like he has any competition) but he and Yaya are the 2 exceptional players we have in midfield, we need them both on form otherwise our strikers get very little service.

Eccles Blue said:
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, shame we didn't put in that third goal but I think that that is the best that Liverpool have played this season. They gave us a run for our money but we were ready for them. James Milner and Gael Clichy were outstanding and Zaba was his usual warrior self. But the whole team gave 100% and showed how the Boys in Blue never give in.

I was glad that the ref gave Sturridge that yellow card for his blatant dive and Suarez was kept under control, yes he did play well but we had the measure of him.

I was upset that Dzeko did not play to the whistle, if he had got up instead of lying there maybe our guys would have been concentrating harder instead of looking toward him wondering if he was hurt or not.

Rogers was trying at every turn to influence the ref and the linesman in front of the CB stand and the linesman there was giving them everything. I understood that if you were going to stop play for a player pulling someone's shirt and clinging on to them it was the player whose shirt was being pulled who got the free kick? That linesman three times gave it to Liverpool when they (mainly Henderson) were pulling our man's shirt!! I really must look up the rule book again!!

I've not read the whole thread so I apologise if I have posted what others have posted!

What really amused me, although I guess it shouldn't have done, was when Sturridge was taken off and was applauding both them and us and our fans were singing "There's only one greedy *******" and he gestured for them to sing it louder!! Shows that he does have a sense of humour I suppose. (I do not like Sturridge for many reasons so don't think I am praising him, just sort of damning with faint praise as they say!!)
It was a great game full of drama although I didn't think City played a good game. We played with plenty of spirit but our general play was quite poor. We've managed really well without Yaya Toure but I felt today we really missed his drive from midfield. We were very pedestrian in midfield and outnumbered

I think you were right about the refereeing and Dzeko. I don't know why he stayed down so long. if he had got up and defended for the team, we'd have won comfortably because at that point we were well on top. It seems like every mistake we make this season is being punished.

Much of the post-match criticism has centred on Garcia, but I thought he had a good game. I think he has been playing consistently well for some time

Aguero came to life in that 2nd half. Even ignoring his goal, his individual play was superb, but there doesn't seem to be any combination play between our forwards. tevez and Aguero are on the same wavelength but Tevez seems to be playing really poorly. I have written him off in my own mind, perhaps unnecessarily, but I think we will need Tevez and Aguero to be right on top of their game if we are to put together a winning run which can put us back in the title frame

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
zimmerman said:
That type of stuff should be kept in house IMO.

Thought Kun had a very good second half, the only guy that looked likely to make things happen.

Personally I think Sergio doesn't particularly like having to play alongside Dzeko, no chemistry whatsoever.
That is true

Our forward play has ben abolsutely useles all season and it's the difference between us and Utd

It was why I was so encouraged by Aguero in the 2nd half. I don't know where that came from but he was magnificent in that 2nd half. Like the blue touch paper has gone off

Tevez is too slow to play with him, whilst Dzeko needs crosses and they just don't play as a two together. I don't think Balotelliever passes to another forward in his life except for The Goal.

Forward play needs fixing. And only way is to buy one in the Summer, and maybe sell Dzeko and Tevez. Or change the way we play slightly so that we play with a bit more width...that would need a wide forward to come in or an outstanding full back

re highlights....

I think he just found his bollocks after getting fed up with being kicked off the park by most of the pool players.

a poor display by us on the whole, no passion, no desire, lucky to get a point.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Personally I think Sergio doesn't particularly like having to play alongside Dzeko, no chemistry whatsoever.
That is true

Our forward play has ben abolsutely useles all season and it's the difference between us and Utd

It was why I was so encouraged by Aguero in the 2nd half. I don't know where that came from but he was magnificent in that 2nd half. Like the blue touch paper has gone off

Tevez is too slow to play with him, whilst Dzeko needs crosses and they just don't play as a two together. I don't think Balotelliever passes to another forward in his life except for The Goal.

Forward play needs fixing. And only way is to buy one in the Summer, and maybe sell Dzeko and Tevez. Or change the way we play slightly so that we play with a bit more width...that would need a wide forward to come in or an outstanding full back

re highlights....

I think he just found his bollocks after getting fed up with being kicked off the park by most of the pool players.

a poor display by us on the whole, no passion, no desire, lucky to get a point.
Poor display, but I thought there was loads of desire and work rate

I felt the pressure of chasing a 10 point gap hit us the moment Liverpool equalised. We weren't right in midfield and for me that was because Liverpool had an extra man there and we had no one joining the forwards who were isolated.

Thought "Colin Liverpool" had been sacked?

Silva doesn't play well, City don't play well, it really is that simple.

Fair play to Liverpool, they were far better than I d expected.

Aguero anonymous first half. Great goal, but him and Dzeko have got to start offering more. Sturridge played well and I wish any product of the City academy all the best, other than when they're playing us.

Blumers Bloomers said:
Thought "Colin Liverpool" had been sacked?

Silva doesn't play well, City don't play well, it really is that simple.

Fair play to Liverpool, they were far better than I d expected.

Aguero anonymous first half. Great goal, but him and Dzeko have got to start offering more. Sturridge played well and I wish any product of the City academy all the best, other than when they're playing us.

Not yet he's not and I think it's the end of the season. To be replaced by a dyed in the wool total red!! Chapman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.