City v Liverpool Post Match

Marvin said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Marvin said:
That is true

Our forward play has ben abolsutely useles all season and it's the difference between us and Utd

It was why I was so encouraged by Aguero in the 2nd half. I don't know where that came from but he was magnificent in that 2nd half. Like the blue touch paper has gone off

Tevez is too slow to play with him, whilst Dzeko needs crosses and they just don't play as a two together. I don't think Balotelliever passes to another forward in his life except for The Goal.

Forward play needs fixing. And only way is to buy one in the Summer, and maybe sell Dzeko and Tevez. Or change the way we play slightly so that we play with a bit more width...that would need a wide forward to come in or an outstanding full back

re highlights....

I think he just found his bollocks after getting fed up with being kicked off the park by most of the pool players.

a poor display by us on the whole, no passion, no desire, lucky to get a point.
Poor display, but I thought there was loads of desire and work rate

I felt the pressure of chasing a 10 point gap hit us the moment Liverpool equalised. We weren't right in midfield and for me that was because Liverpool had an extra man there and we had no one joining the forwards who were isolated.
Absolutely spot on. I said before the game play aguero up front on his own or else the midfield will get dominated like it did.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Marvin said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
re highlights....

I think he just found his bollocks after getting fed up with being kicked off the park by most of the pool players.

a poor display by us on the whole, no passion, no desire, lucky to get a point.
Poor display, but I thought there was loads of desire and work rate

I felt the pressure of chasing a 10 point gap hit us the moment Liverpool equalised. We weren't right in midfield and for me that was because Liverpool had an extra man there and we had no one joining the forwards who were isolated.
Absolutely spot on. I said before the game play aguero up front on his own or else the midfield will get dominated like it did.
Half time I wanted Dzeko off and Nasri on so that we could get Aguero in the game, and get some control in midfield.

I hope we play the rest of the season with Aguero on his own up front supported by Silva, yaya and Nasri. If it's good enough for Barcelona then why not City.

None of our forward pairings work

had 6 hours to think about this and still think it was absolute utter rubbish today.

Outplayed, outpassed, outmoved, too lazy, no fight, no spirit, senior pro's cocking up simple things.

Worst performance of the season and one of the worst under Mancini, looked like we'd given up till Aguero scored the hit and hope out of nowhere and then he actually decided he could be arsed to play somewhere near his best, wasn't enough.

If that didn't tell you what our squad is missing then you must be Brian Marwood.

Can't even dream of the title playing like that.

Marvin said:
None of our forward pairings work

That's why all of them are up for sale except Aguero, who we'll find the right partner for. Summer can't come soon enough, I'm confident we'll be a much better side next season once Txiki and the manager (Mancini or whoever) are done building a team for a specific system instead of a strong collection of players where we rely too much on individual moments of magic (a perfect example being Aguero's goal today). Too many examples of square pegs in a round hole in our squad I feel. Our style is a not-quite-poor man's Barcelona yet we have technically limited grafters, midfielders with limited ball skills, and a lanky forward to ours in our squad so no wonder it isn't as effective as it could be. Dortmund showed us how a system works - 11 players perfectly implemented into specific roles so even without many big money signings they played us off the pitch twice. We win so much because we have so many good players but if we were a great team, as we will be soon enough one way or another, we'd be dominant and a lot more competitive in Europe. It's time to build a real ethos at the club and that's what I think is on the verge of happening.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
had 6 hours to think about this and still think it was absolute utter rubbish today.

Outplayed, outpassed, outmoved, too lazy, no fight, no spirit, senior pro's cocking up simple things.

Worst performance of the season and one of the worst under Mancini, looked like we'd given up till Aguero scored the hit and hope out of nowhere and then he actually decided he could be arsed to play somewhere near his best, wasn't enough.

If that didn't tell you what our squad is missing then you must be Brian Marwood.

Squad ? Missing players ? What about the players we did have available ?

We have been gifted a fantastic squad which is miles better than Liverpool's.

Why wasn't it more efficient as a unit ?

Neville Kneville said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Squad ? Missing players ? What about the players we did have available ?

We have been gifted a fantastic squad which is miles better than Liverpool's.

Why wasn't it more efficient as a unit ?

I agree, what happens on the pitch comes down to a lot of people, not singling individuals as the vast majority of them don't seem to be doing their jobs properly.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Fucking awful! League is officially fucking over congratulations City for a pitiful try at retaining it

Not sure who to blame so MARWOOD out I say MARWOOD out.......oh he's gone, then it must be mancini out, mancini out? Only said it quietly because it can't be you know who out....someone has to carry the can, we've gone backwards....Champions to .......you decide!! Second more than likely, third definitively maybe, fourth well if it has to be....unbelievable today, still angry so sorry, no animals were hurt in the making of this post!!

Bluemoon115 said:
Liverpool have many weaknesses.

Why did we not try to exploit a single fucking one of them?

Stubborn tactics.
Completely agree with that, Liverpool played well, but at no point did we try and exploit their weaknesses, like Carragher. Dzeko made him look world class, and don't get me wrong he was once very good, but he isn't now.

Milner was superb for us, and Zaba also played well, keeping Suarez pretty quiet, but others weren't so good, and a prize for anyone who knows why we ended up with 4 f**king full backs on the pitch ? or why when going 3 at the back you take off one of the only 2 centre backs available ? or why Tevez wasn't brought on ? and to be fair why Nasri was given 3 minutes ? what could he do in 3 minutes I have no idea (and I still don't rate him when he gets 90 minutes).

Mancini, Hart, Clichy, Nastasic, Garcia, Silva, and Dzeko all had "bad days at the office" for me, Aguero was pretty poor for an hour (but fantastic for 20 minutes), and it was left to the usual work horses Barry, Zab, Lescott, and Milner to hold the team together. A pretty poor team performance, aided and abetted by some pretty poor substitutions, and managerial tactics.

Mark1MCFC said:
Do have some symthapy for the forwards though as our midfield have created sod all this season and they are feeding off scraps all the time!

I agree. In this system we are playing the strikers are completely isolated from the midfield and from the rest of the team.

kun.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.