City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

intheknow! said:
It's funny we have a fantastic squad but it shows it's no substitute for experience. Teams like Chelsea and Man United ALWAYS seem to know how to get through, no matter what.
There are five more games to go.

I was expecting you to win this comfortably tbh.
I've not seen your game except for the last two minutes as I was watching Bayern so don't know if you were unlucky.
We absolutely battered Villareal, should have won by more, Ribery was superb tonight.
From a Bayern view two good results for us.

Well that's our first baptism of fire over

Napoli played with a REAL purpose tonight, which I expected. Also, they didn't cheat and dive as much as I expected

Well done city, we are learning fast.

Fair result. Napoli were rock solid defensively and always a threat on the break.

Dare I say we were a little too Arsenal-esque at times and could have shot instead of faffing in certain positions?

Certainly not the best tactical option. We really had a lack of conviction and failed to exploit the width! Personally, I put it down to lack of cohesion/experience against a very good team. despite the fact that I think we'll improve massively in Europe, if performances like today or similar is what we can expect, we'll have no chance against the big guns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.