City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

jay_mcfc said:
Got a lot to learn imo. Played well, had 25 shots on goal but a few things missing. De Jong was needed in that game despite Yaya being excellent.

Napoli are a very, very good side. This really is the group of death.

we had 4 shots on goal. 21 were wayward.

This is a totally different kettle of fish - some people on here need to give their heads a wobble. Napoli are better than Milan imo and could easily win the Scudetti. They have a cattenacio mentality and are incredibly well organised and tactically astute. Sure one or two of our guys were off the pace tonight and we didn´t get enough width to trouble them with crosses. It could well be a totally different outcome in Naples when they have to attack. We also missed De Jong tonight as I feel he is tailor made for this type of competition

Lumberjack Pete7 said:
barry and lescott looked a bit out of their depth, all in all a good result because for the last 10-20 minuets it looked like they were playing 6-7 defenders.

this

both looked poor today. esp barry for loosing out in a crucial area. silly mistake.

but looking at the bench who is better?

we are missing de jong and milner.

Welcome to Champions League football. Where anything can happen. No game is ever done by what it looks like on paper.

Right now:

Trabzonspor 1 Intero 0
Lille 2 CSKA Moska 2
Benfica 1 Rags 1
Real Madrid 1 Zagreb 0

These results don't happen anywhere else.

Really must be said that Napoli were fantastic. Well played to them and you could argue that they nipped it frankly.

But we should have put our chances in the first half.

There was no luck with the flicks and Napoli pressed very hard. Their goal was a defensive disaster ... Kolarov - love him even more for that ... welcome to the thunderdome.

jhg1989 said:
Essembe said:
Mancini out!

Just kidding!

Tough first game, massive learning curve... I'm ok with it.

Kolarov - well done! Everyone else was a little nervy....

Everyone looked tired too, especially the ones who played on Saturday.

I agree everyone looked like they were carrying 10kgs of rocks. Napoli have only played one A-Series game. IMO that worked in there favour, they looked a lot fresher for the entire 90mins.

On a positive side, I dont think they can come up with a better strategy to work us on the reverse tie, but we can certainly plan to overcome the crowding they caused in front of goal by creating wide set plays. We will win in Naples..

andrewmswift said:
Nasri really was dreadful. That was a game for Milner, shame he wasn't fit

I agree, a game Milner would have really enjoyed, really physical

I think we saw the strength of our group tonight. It is going to the wire. I expect Napoli still be in the hunt right to the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.