City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

Jackson-ctid said:
meh, it's alright.

We will only have one first ever Champions League game.

Need to start converting even more of those chances, looks like Bobby was right.

Well played to Napoli, shut us out for sections of the game, early days though.

Oh and Scorching free kick from Kolerov, will probably be what I remember about the game in years to come.

(From rag central, as im on a flight out of Gatwick in the morrow .

Sounds like more offense from the Wings and in doing so (pushing their wing backs back) is the key to beat Napoli. This is what Villarreal did last season and seems like what you guys are arguing about. Thats good to hear because that's where Bayern's class is, Robben should be back by the time we face Napoli.

They did look like a really solid unit on defense though but I think its possible to break them. As long as we start with Gustavo (who is much much faster than any of our CDM's) we can keep up with their counter-attacks as well. And Neuer is a beast in 1v1's (its his specialty) so I am not too worried if some of the forwards end up in 1v1's on the counter-attack vs us.

barry and lescott looked a bit out of their depth, all in all a good result because for the last 10-20 minuets it looked like they were playing 6-7 defenders.

A win would've been a real statement of intent but we didn't lose and still remain unbeaten in competitive Matches this season. Bayern Munich will win the group and it'll be between us and Napoli for 2nd place, IMHO.

Got a lot to learn imo. Played well, had 25 shots on goal but a few things missing. De Jong was needed in that game despite Yaya being excellent.

Napoli are a very, very good side. This really is the group of death.

Shows us the standard

enjoyable game too, Napoli are a very good side

bayern blade said:
I was expecting you to win this comfortably tbh.
I've not seen your game except for the last two minutes as I was watching Bayern so don't know if you were unlucky.
We absolutely battered Villareal, should have won by more, Ribery was superb tonight.
From a Bayern view two good results for us.

yeah, i'd say it was, but early days yet blade.

Maybe missed a trick not playing Richards bombing down the wing. Zabba has a tendency to stop and come back inside which is where Napolis strength is.
Maybe we'll be the anomaly of drawing our home games and winning away. Teams will be more open and we'll be more disciplined.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
we were poor in midfield. i mean barry and toure....did we play a 4-2-4 against an italian team?

tactics wrong!!!

Oh please...

Would you have rather we packed our midfield and choked Napoli and then try and score on the break? Italian teams are hard to score against, they frustrate and often score on the counter attack. Shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.