City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

Yaya, Lescott and Zabs were the three that stood out for me tonight. Bit disapointed with Aguero, but I thought Napoli were a very good side, and surprised more than a few tonight, myself included. Sharp in both closing us down and on the break.

fy6blue said:
Yaya, Lescott and Zabs were the three that stood out for me tonight. Bit disapointed with Aguero, but I thought Napoli were a very good side, and surprised more than a few tonight, myself included. Sharp in both closing us down and on the break.
never underestimate anyone, these sides are in the CL for a reason

andrewmswift said:
clarkie_ni said:
first half should have buried them.
napoli very impressive on the break. a fair result i think but we need to up your game for the remaining matches

Agreed. Should have put at least 1 in the first half. Would have been a different game.
OH YES AND IF LAVEZZI SCORED INSTEAD TO GET THE CROSSBAR....WE WOULD HAVE SEEN AN ANOTHER MATCH ALTOGHETER......

Yaya was our only midfielder who really passed the ball well tonight, some of his balls out to the wide areas were stunning. Barry was pretty steady barring the mistake prior to the goal, Nasri was not really at it at any point and Dave was strangely out of sorts.
Defo think Richards would have helped, as lovable though Zabba is, he didn't offer enough dynamism in attack. AJ should have come on for Nas much earlier ............ but hey, we live and learn.
Not a bad thing, for fans and players alike to see that we cant just steamroller top class sides every week too.
Looks like this group will be very tough, I doubt Villareal will continue playing as poorly as they have done so far this season either .........

Easybeatz said:
fy6blue said:

Too true. Doesn't help that I dont have Sky, and have never really watched that much European football. That said, compared with what I have seen, they are a pretty handy side. Hope Villareall aren't much better!

cibaman said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
cibaman said:
Mancini said something about it being the underside or sole of his foot, which doesnt sound like a break.

But he was injured with a bruised foot, on monday 15th of August. Thats four and a half weeks ago. Cleverly has broken his foot for the rags against Bolton and will be out four weeks. It must be the worlds worst bruise. I had serious spinal surgery eight weeks ago, and all the bruising was gone within three weeks of the op. Sounds like someone from the medical team has diagnosed a "Big Mac" instead of a "Quarter Pounder" with cheese.

Mancini seemed really frustrated when he spoke about it. Sounded like it had been misdiagnosed but they still hadnt really sorted out what it was.

Mancini I'm growing to love him more by every passing game. I'm sure if we stick by this guy he'll bring success we can only dream of. Our manager knows his onions, and I'm sure someone will get a good spanking, (in the nicest possible way) over our Nigel De Jongs situation.

fy6blue said:
Easybeatz said:
fy6blue said:

Too true. Doesn't help that I dont have Sky, and have never really watched that much European football. That said, compared with what I have seen, they are a pretty handy side. Hope Villareall aren't much better!
Bayern should of scored 5 goals, i seen the highlights, Ribery was devastating

Andouble said:
everyone take a step back. We've started the season flawlessly and tonight played against the best defence we will play all season. No need to start a ______ is shite thread.
May i take this chance to congratulate with you guys....your team has been very unlucky tonight,but overall i think that a point is fair for both teams....we are not in champion's for pure luck....you have shown us a good football skill altough i was not impressed with nasri tonight....Aguero is super and i sincerely think that you will go a long way in this competition....as i sayd a while ago....let's try and send Bayern in Europa league and Villareal at home....we will wait for you guys in Napoli.....thank you very much for your lovely hospitality....i mean it !!!!!!!!

We missed Clichy and Micah today imo, pace out wide would have had a big impact and for me it's the best way to break down a team with 3 at the back. we had a good first half, and a good last 15 mins but a diabolical 20/30 mins at the beginning of the 2nd half, I've not seen us play that badly for a while. I thought Barry and Dzeko were our best players and a point is by no means a poor result.

Our major floor tonight was our wing backs.

never ever enough pace in a million years, should have started with Clichy and Richards. when Clichy did eventually arrive, we instantly looked a better team.

we were predictable and basically once napoli packed the middle, we had no other way of changing it.

10 minutes before their goal i said change it now Mancini before it's too late as Napoli will probably end up getting one as we were getting battered.

he made the right changes, but a little too late for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.